Home

Any reason to buy this for Single/Offline players?

This is a discussion on Any reason to buy this for Single/Offline players? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Any reason to buy this for Single/Offline players?

I've had FIFA 18 for a couple of years and really enjoyed the single-player offline gameplay. I have not heard great reviews for 20. Is it worth buying FIFA 19 on the cheap rather than buying this one?
Old 10-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #18
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaghokie
I've had FIFA 18 for a couple of years and really enjoyed the single-player offline gameplay. I have not heard great reviews for 20. Is it worth buying FIFA 19 on the cheap rather than buying this one?

18 was a ton of fun. 19 was fine. 20 is trash.

If you NEED an upgrade, I'd grab a month of ea access for $5 and test out 19. It's in the vault so you wouldn't have to pay for it. You would also get 10 hours to try out Fifa 20, but for the first time ever i only used 1 hour of my ea access because this game is such garbage. Been playing since Fifa 97 and never been this let down.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Appreciate it! I'm having the same conundrum with NHL. I hear 20 is not good. Last one I had was 18 and I thought it was fairly decent. Not sure if it's worth spending the money, though it'll be on sale on Amazon by Black Friday so it might be worth a shot.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #20
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Okay, I'm going to do an about-face on FUT Single Player. Yes, they removed Single Player Seasons and that is a shame, but the Seasons system they have replaced it with is much more robust and rewarding. It actually prompts to you to try out new modes, players and teams, and rewards you accordingly.

Also, the VOLTA story mode seems to me a huge improvement over The Journey. One man's opinion.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaghokie
I have really learned to like 19, but only after a ton of slider experimenting. The community sliders are a great start. I also have a lot more fun playing a mid- or low-table team. If you are playing on PC, you can also grab roster updates and some mods that add features and improvements to career mode. That helps prevent "snowballing" of insanely good youth players and adding in more realistic player values and progression/regression.

I played 20 for a few days before realizing the issues were way too big to be patched out, and I also realized I had no real to move on from 19 despite having both through EA Access Premier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 6

I like 19 from the start. Very polished game and the single player FUT is really good. 20 as I posted really gives me no options for single player fut progression.

But I've found a replacement : NBA 2K 20. Lot of single player progression modes for single player My Team (2k's Ultimate team mode). Very happy w/ it at the moment. btw 2k20 is free on xbox until this monday if you want to give it a try.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Okay, I'm going to do an about-face on FUT Single Player. Yes, they removed Single Player Seasons and that is a shame, but the Seasons system they have replaced it with is much more robust and rewarding. It actually prompts to you to try out new modes, players and teams, and rewards you accordingly.

Also, the VOLTA story mode seems to me a huge improvement over The Journey. One man's opinion.
Can you help me in how this works? When I go into FUT it gives me the daily objectives and weekly etc....... Is there a menu i'm missing? I'd be good if they brought back single player seasons offline in an upcoming patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »