Home

FIFA 20 - high scoring games

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 - high scoring games within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 20 - high scoring games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
Wait, huh? What do you mean they removed AI defending?
I know it sounds insanely stupid, but that's exactly what they did. Basically the only players tackling and defending are the two "selected" players, one for each team. Even secondary pressure does nothing now. So you can defend with one player but your other 9 teammates will do absolutely nothing except occupy a spot on the pitch. Good luck switching players hundreds of times per match.

Same with the cpu team. Technically even the cpu team has an active/selected player who will block some passes, tackle and sometimes even foul you, but the other 9 will not. It's a silly silly design, I know.

It's an 11v11 sport but 18 players (I'm excluding the goalkeepers and the 2 "active" players) at any given time are basically training cones moving from point A to point B (and even that part is buggy, lol). Of course games are high scoring, anyone who has the ea access version, just watch slow replays of goals and once you've seen how defenders stand still doing nothing you will not be able to "unsee" it.

Here's another example showing how silly this game is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RGyMhN1gqo

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-22-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #10
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisx
I know it sounds insanely stupid, but that's exactly what they did. Basically the only players tackling and defending are the two "selected" players, one for each team. Even secondary pressure does nothing now. So you can defend with one player but your other 9 teammates will do absolutely nothing except occupy a spot on the pitch. Good luck switching players hundreds of times per match.

Same with the cpu team. Technically even the cpu team has an active/selected player who will block some passes, tackle and sometimes even foul you, but the other 9 will not. It's a silly silly design, I know.

It's an 11v11 sport but 18 players (I'm excluding the goalkeepers and the 2 "active" players) at any given time are basically training cones moving from point A to point B (and even that part is buggy, lol). Of course games are high scoring, anyone who has the ea access version, just watch slow replays of goals and once you've seen how defenders stand still doing nothing you will not be able to "unsee" it.

... that was on Ultimate? Wow, looks like something you would see on Amateur.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:

Wow... that video. Do they even playtest CM gameplay I wonder?

Something interesting - I haven't tried Squad Battles in FUT yet but hearing from people that playing against the CPU in SBs is super tough and low scoring.

I wonder if we're screwed because of FUT difficulty scaling, and because FUT has chemistry boosts and higher rated players, so maybe there's a trickle down effect to CM...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hope EA sees this video. Laughable in 2019! This shouldn’t be happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-22-2019, 07:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
They "improved" defending by removing all AI defending so that the AI is not a factor in their e-sport. They forgot about the single player game where you have to play against the AI, so the game is basically a joke. When EA talks about new gameplay features no one should assume they are meant for the single player game, it's always only about fut.

This is the "strongest" AI defence in Fifa 20, if someone tries harder than me maybe it will even be possible to walk the ball into the net:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8cJMiQFpM
That's FIFA IDLE DEFENSE 2.0 ©

A new feature they forgot to advertise...

Seriously, the defense on Fifa was always bad since the introduction of "Tactical Defense", but this year they really surpass themselves.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #14
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
FIFA 20 - high scoring games

Wow. This looks incredibly bad. Sealed my decision to get PES this year

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-23-2019, 01:30 AM   #15

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Sucks lol. But lets be honest, trying to make FIFA look anywhere near realistic has always been like pushing water uphill. The AI will fight it tooth and nail, because under the hood it is ruined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
That's FIFA IDLE DEFENSE 2.0 ©

A new feature they forgot to advertise...

Seriously, the defense on Fifa was always bad since the introduction of "Tactical Defense", but this year they really surpass themselves.
It was always more or less unbalanced in favour of the attacking side, but you could excuse that based on the facts we're not playing 90 minutes and having to appeal to everyone. But it got out of control with fifa 18, that was the turning point. Fifa 17 was the last game with a decent enough balance that felt like football and it was not a high scoring game at all.

I know some people even enjoyed 18 & 19, but that is a testament to the power of the human imagination more than anything else

Fifa 20 is just the end of the road of this 3 year circle. Now it REALLY can't get any worse. I can't see how this could be considered a fit for purpose product. I'll be shocked (but not surprised!) if there's not a sim/arcade option next year or if they don't bring back some of the defending AI this year.

Last edited by Chrisx; 09-23-2019 at 10:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »