Home

FIFA 20 - high scoring games

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 - high scoring games within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 05:27 PM   #17
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 20 - high scoring games

What's crazy, I just read an article/interview on this site. It asked the gameplay developer questions.

The OS writer said something like, "I like the game is playing in this build. My AI teammates keep shape and help defensively."

I want that build! I'm not sure what happened to the game from that build, the demo, up to the early release.

I will say this, I watched the video in this thread, and I've never been able to dribble like that no matter what settings I have slider wise. I have defenders coming at me. It almost seems like the strafe dribble freezes players, and if you are a certain distance away from an AI defender, they don't come at you.

Most games I've played, my AI defenders just have terrible positioning. Outside backs getting sucked inwards, and a wing easily gets a pass on the outside.

Something I keep in mind, is use o my youth players. So my defenders may be 65 rated and have decent speed, but their defensive awareness rating is maybe a 55-58. I'm sure that plays into it. The ratings are there for a reason.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #18
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
AI controlled defenders are now very passive - b/c FUT needed to be more manual defending - but this has had the knock on effect that the CPU just sucks at defending now. It works okay I guess in FUT but it's a disaster for single player.

this needs to be fixed asap!!!
that damn stupid fut
Old 09-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #19

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

FUT/Esports is definitely affecting all of these games negatively. People always gonna try to break the game and cut whatever corners they can to win competitive games, which is sad.

And those of us who just want a realistic and fun recreation of a great sport have to deal with their stupidity bleeding into our experience.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:31 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Yeah i'm having the same issue. My intent here is not to humble brag haha (because i'm decent at FIFA but definitely not great). But i'm playing on Legendary and all of my games have been very high scoring. I think one of them I won like 9-0. That's crazy and should not be happening on Legendary
same applies with me.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #21
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Strangely, I was having nothing but high scoring matches in the Early Access version, but now rarely see more than 2 goals per game.

Hated Early Access but really enjoying this now.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »