Home

FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2019, 12:33 PM   #17
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

OVR: 0
Great review.* *Sports games in 2019: 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Ill be sticking with my __18, __19 purchases for the foreseeable future. This is all very disheartening and doesnt bode well for the future of Offline/franchise players.**
Old 09-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #18
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 20 Review: A Yellow Card at Launch

Great review. Another year of no fouls. The dev's in the past have stated they do not want the game flow to be stopped and do not want the Ultimate Teamers to get upset. I get that, but don't talk about anything authentic if you leave out one of the biggest parts of defense in soccer..... It is time both games make modes or settings to separate the online crowd from the offline. Volta goes well for this one as this game cannot shake the arcade theme and that is well deserved. Pass...
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #19
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
Great review. Another year of no fouls. The dev's in the past have stated they do not want the game flow to be stopped and do not want the Ultimate Teamers to get upset. I get that, but don't talk about anything authentic if you leave out one of the biggest parts of defense in soccer..... It is time both games make modes or settings to separate the online crowd from the offline. Volta goes well for this one as this game cannot shake the arcade theme and that is well deserved. Pass...
Except that fouls are present in FUT, more so than in single player. It's a single player issue more than FUT b/c the CPU doesn't play with the same aggression and error that humans do.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #20
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

I'm joining the growing chorus of folks that will wait for patches and/or sales (we've gotten %50 off for like 3 years straight for Black Friday in The States).

EA is truely moving in the direction of eSport and/or online multiplayer and their beloved Ultimate team modes. I tried NBA, NHL, NFL and FIFA last year, little doubt that's where they want to go in the long run. I really wish they'd move to a "subscription model" although they'd still rip us off.

I'll also see if MS plans on adding PES 2020 to Game Pass. The only things that keeps me from jumping there completely is their non-love for North America and the mostly generic Premier League. Italia is fairly well represented.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #21
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far, although it should be noted that I'm really just an offline "Play Now" kind of guy and can't really speak on any Career mode shortcomings.* That said, in a 20 minute match against the AI (World Class), I'm finding the game to play quite well.* There is build up from both sides, and while the defense isn't perfect, I'm not scoring an abundance of goals, and I've also held a few clean sheets already.* It doesn't feel unbalanced to me, but maybe my offense is just not lethal enough to exploit the exploitable.* I beat Schalke 2-0 with Dortmund last night and it was a fun, rewarding experience, with realistic(ish) stats across the board.* That's good enough for me.
I wouldn't mind hearing the whistles blown a bit more, but I'd say I'm probably seeing 4 to 5 fouls per 20 minutes, which I can live with.* The "no fouls" argument is a bit exaggerated, in my opinion.* I've seen red cards handed out and advantages played as well, neither of which PES has given me yet this year , in fairness.* I love PES by the way, pre-ordered this year's game and play it daily, with a massive smile on my face.* I'm not trolling them by any means, but let's be objective here.
FIFA 20 is not a perfect game, but I think it's absolutely ludicrous to imply that it isn't substantially better than last year, from a game play perspective.* Still light years ahead of PES in terms of features as well, from game modes to presentation, which has to count for something.* I've had PES for 2 weeks and I'm already contemplating turning the commentary off, it's as bad as any I've heard in this generation of consoles.* The crowd is also terrible and creates zero immersion.* There's really no excuse for their complacency in these areas, we shouldn't continue to give them the "game play is all that matters" free pass they've been skating on for so many years now.* You don't need licenses to make strides from one year to the next, or to hire an announcer whose voice doesn't make me want to jump off a building.* @_TheTrueBrits would probably do it for free and he's wonderful.
At the end of the day, I think both games are the best of their respective franchises to date, I certainly can't think of a prior version of either that I'd willingly go back to now.* We should all be happy to have such viable options for our digital footy fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2019, 07:33 AM   #22
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

Loving PES master league, have bought PES for 10-15 yrs but man the gameplay and shot/ball movement variations etc are incredible! Also option file thing too me 5 minutes and now have every league kit etc. Pretty impressed, Fifa presentation is better. Also I'm not having the announcing on PES like some. I guess because it's so new. I be like all the team management/transfers etc on PES too. I'll try today again next yr I would guess.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-25-2019, 08:08 AM   #23
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebsual
Loving PES master league, have bought PES for 10-15 yrs but man the gameplay and shot/ball movement variations etc are incredible! Also option file thing too me 5 minutes and now have every league kit etc. Pretty impressed, Fifa presentation is better. Also I'm not having the announcing on PES like some. I guess because it's so new. I be like all the team management/transfers etc on PES too. I'll try today again next yr I would guess.

I meant I haven't bought PES for 10-15

Old 09-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #24

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Awesome breakdown. I think the new defending could potentially be a great feature, because to me the less assisted the game is the better, but obviously it needs work.

Have to say, FIFA is probably the only top sports game on here that you can give a negative review to and people won't pop up out of the woodwork with those one line, "i think the game plays great, don't get the hate," comments and get like 20 upvotes lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »