Home

Is Fifa fixed yet?

This is a discussion on Is Fifa fixed yet? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Is Fifa fixed yet?

I always buy Fifa but haven't yet this year. I've seen too many videos of awful gameplay, primarily caused by the terrible AI defending.

I assume there have been some patches since I last looked into the state of the game. Has defending been addressed? Is the game playable yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: Is Fifa fixed yet?

Short answer: No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 04:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I always buy Fifa but haven't yet this year. I've seen too many videos of awful gameplay, primarily caused by the terrible AI defending.

I assume there have been some patches since I last looked into the state of the game. Has defending been addressed? Is the game playable yet?
Longer answer:
The new defending system is a new, heavily advertised feature (Manual defending + 1 v 1s). It serves the online competitive game and it's not a problem/bug that's supposed to be fixed. No one should expect this to change during the lifetime of fifa 20.

I think the game is now considered bad even in the FUT community, although the mindset towards AI defending seems to be the same (no one wants the AI actively defending). So I don't know if 21 will be any better. Our best hope for a decent game is separate offline gameplay at this point.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #4
Rookie

best answer : (joking )
(btw, yes, i have bought fifa20, i feel guilty, i am ashamed of myself. )

it's not faulty or buggy, it's more challenging, more realistic IMO. comparing it to PES where you just press the 'push' button and the defender runs towards the player and tries to steal the ball....quite unrealistic.
The thing i'm still learning, is the timing, when to use 'tactical defending', when to hit the L2/LT button for closing the gap (blocking) or to press B/O to tackle or to slide tackle. You have to think more in defending, which i find good.

There are little glitches, i call them like that, because, when a player hits a volley, the left leg crosses the right leg, the animation gets collided through the other leg, just to force to hit the ball. looks weired.
The stumbling is missing/more error-kindof Animations, like in this 'volley-case', the player should stumble because he is unable to reach the ball.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #5
Pro

Is Fifa fixed yet?

IMHO the new manual defending feature EA have introduced this year has made the game unbearably bad. By decreasing teammate AI it needs the player switching system to work 100% and be much more responsive and quite simply, that is not the case. You can jockey an attacker for all you want but once the cpu plays a few quick passes it’s a lottery as to whether the player switching, by use of L1 or the RS, picks your best placed player to keep defending. The new control of using the RS where you can choose it to be player or ball related is again very hit or miss. I have it set to ball related but it’s simply not reliable and still picks players not directly involved with the passage of play, and on Legendary or Ultimate you basically get shafted all the time. IMHO PES is a more enjoyable game this year but there will be many FIFA players who will disagree, and probably haven’t even given PES a long enough game sample size before commenting.

Everyone has different views and this is mine. If there is no change to the defending system, a return to better teammate AI, then next year I won’t be adding to EA’s profits.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Last edited by villabraves; 11-10-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2019, 08:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
You can jockey an attacker for all you want but once the cpu plays a few quick passes it’s a lottery as to whether the player switching, by use of L1 or the RS, picks your best placed player to keep defending.
+1 on that. If the CPU plays quick and they don't even make mistakes in their quick passes, you are basically lost in your defense. All which helps is the good positioning of your defender and your goalie <- and this is not unrealistic tbh!

The question is, how often does this happen in RL? it's not uncommon, it happens, yes, espeically good teams know how to play fast without errors and hit the ball in the net. But under all this fast paced-passing the error rate should be higher to finally score from the CPU. But if FIFA20 has this 'mechanism' involved to check, i don't think so.

That's why the players in the ChampionsLeague say, you also need luck to win the trophy! (luck that no-one plays quick&fast and hits the net )
Old 11-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Defending is ok to me but player switching is **** imo isnt nothing like needed to switch tho the rb and it puts you on the cb and you run the wrong way

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
+1 on that. If the CPU plays quick and they don't even make mistakes in their quick passes, you are basically lost in your defense. All which helps is the good positioning of your defender and your goalie <- and this is not unrealistic tbh!

The question is, how often does this happen in RL? it's not uncommon, it happens, yes, espeically good teams know how to play fast without errors and hit the ball in the net. But under all this fast paced-passing the error rate should be higher to finally score from the CPU. But if FIFA20 has this 'mechanism' involved to check, i don't think so.

That's why the players in the ChampionsLeague say, you also need luck to win the trophy! (luck that no-one plays quick&fast and hits the net )

In real life though when the attacking teams are passing it around quickly, the defending team try to track, block, adjust accordingly. In FIFA that is not possible when you try to switch player and it randomly picks the wrong players which is totally unrealistic.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »