Home

My last FIFA game was 16

This is a discussion on My last FIFA game was 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
My last FIFA game was 16

I play exclusively offline career mode. My frustration with the game was I found professional difficulty too easy and the next level world class too difficult. Professional was nearly a guaranteed win and world class was nearly a guaranteed loss.

Has gameplay improved since the 16 game?
Old 10-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My last FIFA game was 16

That is how I was back on Fifa 16. I have played 16, 17, 18, 19, and now 20. The gameplay seems roughly the same. 20 it is a little slower. Now here is what did on Fifa 16 - 18. I tweaked user sprint speed to 51 while CPU sprint speed to 49. That helped me a lot. I kept using that until I figured how to master my passing and using through balls. That on Fifa 19 I could play world class without changing sliders.

With tweaking the sliders from FIFA 16 - 18 it made matches go from guaranteed wins to some good matches. This worked well for lower sides as well as the power teams. I can still get this affect on Fifa 19 and 20. Just really started playing 20, but in my career I am 3-0 in matches with Borussia Dortmund even beating Bayern in Supercup. I would try those two sliders first as to not compromise to much of the game. That will help you get better and know what to look for in world class.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 10-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #3
Rookie

I play on legendary and i like the challenge dont really mess with sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-08-2019, 02:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I play exclusively offline career mode. My frustration with the game was I found professional difficulty too easy and the next level world class too difficult. Professional was nearly a guaranteed win and world class was nearly a guaranteed loss.

Has gameplay improved since the 16 game?
I still play 16, it is peak Fifa together with 14 perhaps. Flawed? Yes, but still the most realistic fifa EA has produced in recent years, I think I will be playing it for another year.

The Pro - WC difficulty gap is a thing. At Pro you're playing the AI at 50% strength, at world class the AI is at 75% strength, this is the biggest gap in the game!

Now if this is your main problem with 16 then I think it has improved. The AI in 17 in particular, I think is the most fair AI in the series. That is you can even play on legendary and you will not concede many goals that make you feel like you had no chance to prevent. 17 has other problems, the animations are extremely twitchy like they were in 15 for example and the ball is really small for no reason.

The series has also developed into a huge Pay to Win game online. This affects offline too, it means that player stats mean a lot more now on the pitch, so there is also a difficulty gap depending on your opponent. This is the biggest thing missing in 16, sometimes it feels like you're playing against the difficulty level and not a particular team. If 16 had that it would be the best football game ever made.

Unfortunately the offline game and CM are very much neglected in recent years in every other way. CPU teams won't even change tactics or mentality if they need to score a goal or defend a lead like they did in 16, this alone makes most matches feel completely pointless. The latest, Fifa 20 is almost completely broken offline, at least right now, as you can see in other threads, almost every single CM feature is currently bugged and the AI is ...not that great.

Edit: Personally I really don't like fifa since 17, I've never managed to play more than a single CM season since then, but there is no rule saying you won't either. Best thing you can do is get 1 month of origin access (pc) / ea access (ps4) which is just $5, and you can download and play the full versions of 17, 18, 19 for a full month and see for yourself.

Last edited by Chrisx; 10-08-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

To those who replied thanks.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

...and here is the Joke! In 2015 you would have thought, in 2019 FIFA would be a really amazing game. I mean, isn't that called progress? Progress in Gameplay, AI, Presentation, CM etc. etc. You improve, basically. You get better.

But in FIFA? Far from it. The presentation, graphics, sound, YES. Everything else is build around $, FUT and BUGS (from 2013!). The demo is such a piece of Craps*it i couldn't believe this was a gameplay from the year 2019. Nothing serious here!

It's the same like in every big company, if AMD, NVIDIA, INTEL, EA, KONAMI...they just go as far as they have to. DUOPOLY!
Old 10-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

FIFA 19 was bad, I regret even putting money and time into it last year, but after the trial on FIFA 20 that game is far worse in almost every way and EA didn't even waste time to patch defending once again. 20's career mode shouldn't even exist, it's that bad- and a month ago before 20 came out, they even said career mode has been fixed.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
FIFA 19 was bad, I regret even putting money and time into it last year, but after the trial on FIFA 20 that game is far worse in almost every way and EA didn't even waste time to patch defending once again. 20's career mode shouldn't even exist, it's that bad- and a month ago before 20 came out, they even said career mode has been fixed.

This right here.

Gameplay is worse than ‘19

Career Mode is worse than ‘19

Graphics have been maxed out for a while so there’s no discernible difference

Even the FUT crowd is slowly turning on the game

Just look at how few new FIFA 20 related threads there are on here

The only thread that has views is the OS Community Sliders thread and that’s filled with people hoping that Matt can pull off some magic

It’s a shame because EA was pretty transparent in the development and the pre-patch beta got rave reviews but what they released was/is shockingly poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »