Home

After playing PES 20

This is a discussion on After playing PES 20 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2020, 10:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: After playing PES 20

Lack of licenses and real faces for PES ruins the game for me.I have both and play them on a 4k tv and Xbox one x,PES looks old gen to me.I think PES looks bad.Thing is I really want to like PES better due to the Scottish premiership having the license and Rangers and Celtic stadiums and most faces but the rest of the league has 90% generic ugly faces. The gameplay is slow and plodding for PES to me,I think I'm going to stick with Fifa.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:19 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

I didnt buy FIFA 20 this year because they got rid of the only Ultimate Team mode I liked Offline seasons.

I bought PES 20 instead and while I enjoyed it for it's newness at first, now it's hard for me to even play it. I got the real teams and uniforms loaded but PES just lacks something for me. yes the gameplay is good but i think a lot of it is overhyped. I was expecting more but a lot of things are broken in PES. It's not perfect like everyone who wants you to try it says. I still hate it when I can't pass to the right guy since the CPU thinks I"m passing somewhere else. Happens way too often this late in this gen.

I ultimately got FIFA 20 again and sort of am content with it. EA really sucks by taking away a lot of options this year for offline Ultimate Team players but at least the game is easy to pickup and play if I want my soccer fix. It provides a complete soccer experience that pes somewhat lacks.

I'm not a huge soccer fan and don't really know the X's and O's like I do w/ American sports so that's where I'm coming from. But I appreciate FIFA having all the real teams, the kits, the licenses, the stadiums, and the entire package. I think the casual soccer gamer like myself is what they gear FIFA towards.

Last edited by hyacinth1; 03-09-2020 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I didnt buy FIFA 20 this year because they got rid of the only Ultimate Team mode I liked Offline seasons.

I bought PES 20 instead and while I enjoyed it for it's newness at first, now it's hard for me to even play it. I got the real teams and uniforms loaded but PES just lacks something for me. yes the gameplay is good but i think a lot of it is overhyped. I was expecting more but a lot of things are broken in PES. It's not perfect like everyone who wants you to try it says. I still hate it when I can't pass to the right guy since the CPU thinks I"m passing somewhere else. Happens way too often this late in this gen.

I ultimately got FIFA 20 again and sort of am content with it. EA really sucks by taking away a lot of options this year for offline Ultimate Team players but at least the game is easy to pickup and play if I want my soccer fix. It provides a complete soccer experience that pes somewhat lacks.

I'm not a huge soccer fan and don't really know the X's and O's like I do w/ American sports so that's where I'm coming from. But I appreciate FIFA having all the real teams, the kits, the licenses, the stadiums, and the entire package. I think the casual soccer gamer like myself is what they gear FIFA towards.
Feel exactly the same way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2020, 02:43 AM   #12
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess I'm the exception.

Up until yesterday I'd only had PES on my desktop computer for the past two years. Efootball 2020's gameplay is fun as heck, and once Konami fixed the stupid keeper logic (2019) I haven't really had any on the pitch complaints about the game.

I uninstalled it yesterday.

Not because it's not an enjoyable game of football. On the pitch I prefer it to FIFA. But the level of preference has dropped a bit. Quite a bit actually. Why?

Five reasons.

1. FIFA 2020 plays at a slower pace (closer to PES than it's ever been before)
2. Player models. PES has gotten better with these over the years...but on PC the starting 11 on Fulham FC's squad almost ALL look like their real life counterparts. PES isn't even close.
3. These 3 mods...they simply make the game ...(the little stuff front office stuff, the team AI and the graphics) better to play than it is normally

paulv2k4 FIFA 20 Career Mod
paulv2k4 FIFA 20 Gameplay Mod
GFX MOD ULTIMATE V

4. Career mode...PES has made improvements over the past year...but it's no where near deep enough from a single player perspective.

5. Gameplay - And I'll start by saying, no...I don't feel FIFA's on the pitch gameplay is better than PES. imo it isn't. But FIFA's gameplay is GOOD ENOUGH. Good enough that I wouldn't miss PES if FIFA was the only game in town this year. So good enough that two nights ago..I was playing as Fulham against Leeds United...and I scored a goal with Tom Cairney that had me jump up out of my chair. I'd never done that with a FIFA game before ( I've owned 13, 14, 16, 17 ). I think a lot of the "meh" feelings I've felt over the years with the FiFA franchise have been a product of the real arcadey control of the players and the ball on the pitch.

It just made PES more fun...imo.

I had fun in that game I played against Leeds two nights ago.

After that game I immediately uninstalled PES20 (I know it's not called Pro Evo anymore).

I'd only owned FIFA 20 for 3 hours at the time.

I'm really enjoying FIFA 20, and I own eFootball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »