Home

Financial Takeover

This is a discussion on Financial Takeover within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Financial Takeover

I'm excited to see the additional flexibility that has been added to FIFA 21 with the changes to the financial takeover option, but does anyone know if there are any drawbacks to requesting additional funds?

It would be cool if the board's expectations increase as the amount of money that you request increases. If I'm requesting £500m as the Tottenham manager, the board should be firing me if I don't win the league in like two seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Financial Takeover

Hopefully it differs from say doing it in lower leagues vs. the top leagues EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc.

I'm excited for it to be in the game and not just 3-5 that you can use per cycle. Being indecisive and not being able to get through a few career modes killed my use of the takeover. Also the amount being the same sucked.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
MVP

I've seen that you can basically ask for any amount. I assume it will be a similar system to buying players or offering salaries where you can manually input the amount. I'm just hoping that the board will turn you down if you're in League Two and ask for £100m. As users, we can obviously practise self-discipline and ask for realistic amounts ourselves, but it'd be cool if there were some additional layers to it.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

As far as I can tell from this article it's just money added to your budget when setting up your franchise. Sadly it doesn't appear any more detailed than just hey here's a bunch of money go crazy. Let's hope that not the case.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...oming-20200829
Old 08-31-2020, 11:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Can you get money year to year? Or just year 1? Imagine they'd do year to year, using Newcastle and going from 200+ to 40 would suck.

Or maybe you can rollover budgets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
As far as I can tell from this article it's just money added to your budget when setting up your franchise. Sadly it doesn't appear any more detailed than just hey here's a bunch of money go crazy. Let's hope that not the case.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...oming-20200829
I hope it's more detailed than that, but this would be better than nothing. We're all grown up enough to ask for a reasonable amount at a reasonable time. Plus, if you want to just go crazy with a bunch of money then I guess you can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »