Home

FIFA 21 Career Mode Preview: Pitch Notes Deep Dive Breakdown (Part 3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 Career Mode Preview: Pitch Notes Deep Dive Breakdown (Part 3) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 21 Career Mode Preview: Pitch Notes Deep Dive Breakdown (Part 3)

As they've done with Ultimate Team and Volta, the FIFA Direct Communication Twitter account engaged in...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 21 Career Mode Preview: Pitch Notes Deep Dive Breakdown (Part 3)

Good article.

- Will have to wait on the training. Will not training have no effect or will it swing wildly negative or positive for match sharpness when used. Its previously just so overpowered in general a player can jump 10-15 points in a year.

- Youth academies appear to still only exist for the user. Probably a system limitation but they really become irrelevant after 7 seasons or so. Guessing the 15 year career cap is still there and other than board objectives there is no need to keep bringing in YA players as they'll most likely never see the pitch because your career will be ended before they are good enough to play.

- While a kit creator or retro kits would be preferred at the very least give options on keeper kits that's were I see a majority of the kit clashes.

- I welcome not seeing 3 teams in the championship with 100+ points and the bottom 3 only managing 2 wins between them.

- Interactive sim seems cool I'll probably never use it but nice that it exists.

- Transfer budgets problem is that there really isn't a budget per se. Newcastle in the game could use their money and bring in high quality players. IRL Mike Ashley isn't reinvesting that money into the team he's just lining his pockets. Some owners reinvest in their teams others just pocket the money or do as little as possible. In FIFA essentially every club has a good owner. So now you get 2 or 3 seasons into a CM and Watford are second in the league because there's no restraints on the pocketbooks of clubs.

- Lack of stadium creator is just a slap in the face especially since most stadiums aren't in the game. No one in FUT was asking for this but CM players were.

- If your on PS4 there is a way around for the 8 saves slots. I think you can actually get up to 20 total using the work-around.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

So no create a team or team customization still?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-19-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Good article.

- Will have to wait on the training. Will not training have no effect or will it swing wildly negative or positive for match sharpness when used. Its previously just so overpowered in general a player can jump 10-15 points in a year.

- Youth academies appear to still only exist for the user. Probably a system limitation but they really become irrelevant after 7 seasons or so. Guessing the 15 year career cap is still there and other than board objectives there is no need to keep bringing in YA players as they'll most likely never see the pitch because your career will be ended before they are good enough to play.

- While a kit creator or retro kits would be preferred at the very least give options on keeper kits that's were I see a majority of the kit clashes.

- I welcome not seeing 3 teams in the championship with 100+ points and the bottom 3 only managing 2 wins between them.

- Interactive sim seems cool I'll probably never use it but nice that it exists.

- Transfer budgets problem is that there really isn't a budget per se. Newcastle in the game could use their money and bring in high quality players. IRL Mike Ashley isn't reinvesting that money into the team he's just lining his pockets. Some owners reinvest in their teams others just pocket the money or do as little as possible. In FIFA essentially every club has a good owner. So now you get 2 or 3 seasons into a CM and Watford are second in the league because there's no restraints on the pocketbooks of clubs.

- Lack of stadium creator is just a slap in the face especially since most stadiums aren't in the game. No one in FUT was asking for this but CM players were.

- If your on PS4 there is a way around for the 8 saves slots. I think you can actually get up to 20 total using the work-around.

100% agree on the lack of stadium creator for career mode.... fingers crossed it can be modded in?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

This all just sounds so basic, really boring update for career*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
Rookie

And they made it more complicated to choose your kit, I have no idea where they got the idea to get to the match faster, it was fine as it was
Old 08-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #7
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

What's basic about what they added this year. It might not be everything the community wanted but basic is the last thing I'd call this years changes. I'm not saying all is forgiven/forgotten when it comes to EA but as far as changes go for an EA game this is a lot. Yeah they can and should do better and the community should continue to push for changes and hold them accountable but to not give them any credit, I can't ride with that line of thought.

As far as kit selection. Sounds to me like a system similar to what happens in MLB the Show. Choose your teams and the uniforms are auto selected. You don't have to roll with it's choice if I decide I want to wear throwback jerseys instead it takes a couple seconds to change. Doesn't seem like that big an issue.

I don't know I'm just not an all or nothing guy on this one.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-20-2020 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #8
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Really disappointed with the kit selection screen. It’s like they’re removing options instead of adding any. We NEED to be able to mix and match kit parts. That’s something that should’ve been in a long time ago.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »