Home

Which team and why?

This is a discussion on Which team and why? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Which team and why?

So with the improvements to career mode which team are you starting with? I'm contemplating Wigan and trying to get them back up to the Premier League or perhaps Schalke as they've really dropped recently. Maybe start with Inter Miami, sign of few near retiring stars and then move on to Europe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Which team and why?

I was planning on using Norwich but have decided to go with Watford instead. Disappointing relegation last season, brand new manager, sick new kits. They've got a handful of exciting young players but the squad needs rebuilding/overhauling.

Waiting for the non-domestic deadline to pass before starting but looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow!
Old 10-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I was planning on using Norwich but have decided to go with Watford instead. Disappointing relegation last season, brand new manager, sick new kits. They've got a handful of exciting young players but the squad needs rebuilding/overhauling.

Waiting for the non-domestic deadline to pass before starting but looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow!

Haven't even looked at very many kits this season. I got my 10 hours activated Saturday as I didn't want to use them all up immediately. This way I could play 3 hours Saturday, Sunday, Monday and that gets me to Tuesday. Just messing around with the career snow and will start my legit one right after the roster update comes through from the deadline day.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Haven't even looked at very many kits this season. I got my 10 hours activated Saturday as I didn't want to use them all up immediately. This way I could play 3 hours Saturday, Sunday, Monday and that gets me to Tuesday. Just messing around with the career snow and will start my legit one right after the roster update comes through from the deadline day.
That's what I've been doing. I set up a Watford career mode and just played the preseason tournament to get a feel for things and sort some tactics, etc. I'll set up a new one after the deadline day roster update and just go straight to the first game of the season.

I didn't realise Watford had a new kit until I started looking into them as a possible career mode team. It looks really cool though. Much more modern than their usual style. There are a lot of really nice kits around the leagues this year.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829

Was thinking of using Watford but they have something like a 32 million transfer budget which is crazy unrealistic i think. How are you all who want to play Watford, planning on treating your transfer budget first year? Second? Thoughts would be helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 04:10 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Was thinking of using Watford but they have something like a 32 million transfer budget which is crazy unrealistic i think. How are you all who want to play Watford, planning on treating your transfer budget first year? Second? Thoughts would be helpful.
Newly relegated teams receive parachute payments, so their budgets are always higher.

I'll be spending a chunk of it on scouts and only using a small portion for transfers anyway. Plus, you always have the option of just not spending it if you think it's too much.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
32 million isn't unrealistic for Watford a relegated Watford team at that. Football clubs are money making ventures for these owners. The team could make 150 mil in profit but only chose to release 32 mil in transfer funds because that's what they choose to invest back into the playing squad.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #8
Rookie

With the interactive sim option might actually get past 1 season this FIFA!

Planning on running one with Barca, time to rebuild.

One with Newcastle, team got sold in the video game and hopefully soon in real life? Yes please! The takeover 500,000,000 will be clutch. Undecided if to spend it all on Mbappe + 1/2 big signings or a new XI to accompany Dubravka and ASM.

Might take Sunderland + Portsmouth to League 2, start one with Portsmouth to see who makes it back first. Will be using Portsmouth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »