Home

Is the new training system at all OP?

This is a discussion on Is the new training system at all OP? within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-08-2020, 10:45 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is the new training system at all OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Confirmed. Development happens through dev plans and form. The training sessions definitely can impact it though because morale and form have an impact on how fast your dev plan takes to finish. The new training is all about the sharpness and fitness.

It has a lot of perks. If you have a lot of games back to back, you can actually choose to take rest/recovery days so your 1st team is fit for games on a short turnaround. In the past it always took strategic subbing or a full 2nd squad to go into UCL games with full stamina. Now it's easy.
That's awesome!

I'm still getting my head around all of the new training stuff. I guess it would make sense to train your second string players to keep their sharpness up, and just allow first team players to keep it up through games? Doesn't seem like it makes sense to train first team players if they're not developing through training sessions.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #10
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
That's awesome!

I'm still getting my head around all of the new training stuff. I guess it would make sense to train your second string players to keep their sharpness up, and just allow first team players to keep it up through games? Doesn't seem like it makes sense to train first team players if they're not developing through training sessions.

I've been trying to figure this out as well... Do players get sharpness from playing games? I can't even remember. I need to go back to the blog they put out this summer to read back up on it. How i've approached it so far is training 1st team before their games, then training 2nd team before the midweek games (I usually play them in domestic cup games). I also train 2nd team during international breaks since most of the 1st team is away during that time.

It's worked well so far to keep everyone on 2nd team at least around 50ish and that's with simming all training. I didn't want to use early access hours on getting A's in the training drills, but I will now that I've got the full game.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #11
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I've been trying to figure this out as well... Do players get sharpness from playing games? I can't even remember. I need to go back to the blog they put out this summer to read back up on it. How i've approached it so far is training 1st team before their games, then training 2nd team before the midweek games (I usually play them in domestic cup games). I also train 2nd team during international breaks since most of the 1st team is away during that time.

It's worked well so far to keep everyone on 2nd team at least around 50ish and that's with simming all training. I didn't want to use early access hours on getting A's in the training drills, but I will now that I've got the full game.
I've not tested it enough yet but I believe players do gain sharpness by getting game time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #12
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
The CPU does not utilize sharpness. All their players stay at 50. They also are unable to develop and change players position like we can. I fear we can cheat the system too easily
I did have some concerns about this as well; reminds me of Madden's weekly training. However, I don't feel it's as big of a deal, because the training isn't tied to development like Madden's is. As much as I would like the CPU teams to use the training feature and development plans, I would end up questioning the CPU's logic.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 10-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I did have some concerns about this as well; reminds me of Madden's weekly training. However, I don't feel it's as big of a deal, because the training isn't tied to development like Madden's is. As much as I would like the CPU teams to use the training feature and development plans, I would end up questioning the CPU's logic.
Yes, to have the CPU use the development plans and, especially, position change features would be a big lift. Now, that's exactly how the the team should kick on in future years, but I'm happy we can at least do it for now.

Also, I wonder how the community would react once the CPU started changing roles, even the logic was pretty tight. If you had a process that evaluated overalls at different positions as basis for changes, squads could get unbalanced quite quickly. Stuff that makes sense suddenly gets a lot harder when you have to create a math formula to do it!

Edit: And this is yet another reason to have manager profiles (and a full job market) to include tendencies/preferences for squad building management, not to mention formations/tactics that move with the manager and aren't tied to the club. I bet I would really Football Manager if I ever opened that Pandora's box.

Last edited by Qb; 10-08-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #14
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Edit: And this is yet another reason to have manager profiles (and a full job market) to include tendencies/preferences for squad building management, not to mention formations/tactics that move with the manager and aren't tied to the club. I bet I would really Football Manager if I ever opened that Pandora's box.

It will consume your life. I highly recommend it!

Old 10-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #15
Pro

Interesting note from a video by ChesnoidGaming. CPU players begin each match with 80 sharpness and 'Happy' morale, so they also receive ratings boosts. Information directly from EA through the Game Changers program apparently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
CPU players begin each match with 80 sharpness and 'Happy' morale
Would be nice to have at least some variety on this depending on squad form or something

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »