Home

One tiny change has ruined career mode for me

This is a discussion on One tiny change has ruined career mode for me within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One tiny change has ruined career mode for me

May not seem like a big deal but it has ruined the game for me. All I like in Fifa the last couple of years (since they removed player-manager option) is to take a bad team and build them through the youth system. In 21 for some reason they removed player age from the player selection screen, so when you are subbing or setting your team sheet you can’t see age (or height, nationality, etc). I like to give my youngsters minutes in blowouts, but now I don’t know who they are while in the game.
Posting on the off chance that this helps it get patched - has to be an easy fix since it had been in every version before this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: One tiny change has ruined career mode for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioscottzee
May not seem like a big deal but it has ruined the game for me. All I like in Fifa the last couple of years (since they removed player-manager option) is to take a bad team and build them through the youth system. In 21 for some reason they removed player age from the player selection screen, so when you are subbing or setting your team sheet you can’t see age (or height, nationality, etc). I like to give my youngsters minutes in blowouts, but now I don’t know who they are while in the game.
Posting on the off chance that this helps it get patched - has to be an easy fix since it had been in every version before this one.
I noticed that myself. Im not sure why they got rid of it, or if it's a bug. I hope it's a bug.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't see how this "ruins" the game for you. I'm fully aware of who my rookies are and who my veterans are.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I don't see how this "ruins" the game for you. I'm fully aware of who my rookies are and who my veterans are.
Good for you. Very proud of you. When I start a career with a bottom tier club I don’t have the ages memorized of all 30 players, but I’m happy that you do. What a maroon.
BTW, the info is on there - you just have to scroll down - don’t know how I missed that.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioscottzee
Good for you. Very proud of you. When I start a career with a bottom tier club I don’t have the ages memorized of all 30 players, but I’m happy that you do. What a maroon.
BTW, the info is on there - you just have to scroll down - don’t know how I missed that.
Yep you do have to scroll down this year. It's a slight nuisance imo but I did prefer for when they had age and height and etc. right there without scrolling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Now that we solved that, I will add that dynamic potential is pretty frustrating. I get it. And I get that it's realistic. But constantly having guys that are supposed to be studs that revert to just a standard clown with no potential is so frustrating. It's beyond me how a kid can go from potential to be special to been at the club since in a matter of months even when they're playing very well.

I don't want a squad completely stacked, but I do want to feel that my investment in development and play time for youth is having some positive effect instead of it being constantly cancelled out by players losing their potential. I've never seen this "dynamic" system result in a boost for a player either. It's always a downgrade.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Now that we solved that, I will add that dynamic potential is pretty frustrating. I get it. And I get that it's realistic. But constantly having guys that are supposed to be studs that revert to just a standard clown with no potential is so frustrating. It's beyond me how a kid can go from potential to be special to been at the club since in a matter of months even when they're playing very well.

I don't want a squad completely stacked, but I do want to feel that my investment in development and play time for youth is having some positive effect instead of it being constantly cancelled out by players losing their potential. I've never seen this "dynamic" system result in a boost for a player either. It's always a downgrade.
Is it happening when players turn 22? Potential labels only display up to 21yo. Their potential will remain, it's only the label that changes.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingTrav
Is it happening when players turn 22? Potential labels only display up to 21yo. Their potential will remain, it's only the label that changes.

Na these are 16-19 yr olds. It's really frustrating, but it is what it is. A little challenge never hurt but it's frustrating to develop a player, have them in good form, and then when a new month comes the random slot machine behind the curtain decides to rip away their potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »