Home

Is the new training system at all OP?

This is a discussion on Is the new training system at all OP? within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is the new training system at all OP?

Wondering this before I start a CM. In previous FIFA’s I only used the training option every 3 weeks or so to keep it nerfed for subsequent years of my career. Doesn’t appear to be an option to “not” train, at least not for a significant amount of time without consequence, so wondering if anyone has simmed through a few seasons in either the beta or the 10 hour preview and could give some insight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 10:56 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Is the new training system at all OP?

This is my worry. You only have to achieve an A once to get that locked in for simulation. I don't see how user players aren't going to end up receiving huge amounts more development than CPU players.

I'm trying to find a way to get a routine going so I can get some good training sessions in, but not just get As every day. I'd like to play maybe one session a week and SIM the rest, but the SIMs wont be Ds by the time I've played them all.

I might just select a handful of drills to play up to an A, and only use them once a month or once a fortnight, then SIM the rest as Ds and never play them.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
Wondering this before I start a CM. In previous FIFA’s I only used the training option every 3 weeks or so to keep it nerfed for subsequent years of my career. Doesn’t appear to be an option to “not” train, at least not for a significant amount of time without consequence, so wondering if anyone has simmed through a few seasons in either the beta or the 10 hour preview and could give some insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
This is my worry. You only have to achieve an A once to get that locked in for simulation. I don't see how user players aren't going to end up receiving huge amounts more development than CPU players.

I'm trying to find a way to get a routine going so I can get some good training sessions in, but not just get As every day. I'd like to play maybe one session a week and SIM the rest, but the SIMs wont be Ds by the time I've played them all.

I might just select a handful of drills to play up to an A, and only use them once a month or once a fortnight, then SIM the rest as Ds and never play them.
The training sessions you're talking about affect the players sharpness and fitness but does not affect your players development. Training increases your players match sharpness and decreases their fitness. Rest days have the opposite effect. Scores below 50 in sharpness, fitness and morale will drag down your players ratings, while scores above 50 will give them a boost.
Your players development though comes from your development plan for each player.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
The training sessions you're talking about affect the players sharpness and fitness but does not affect your players development. Training increases your players match sharpness and decreases their fitness. Rest days have the opposite effect. Scores below 50 in sharpness, fitness and morale will drag down your players ratings, while scores above 50 will give them a boost.
Your players development though comes from your development plan for each player.

Yeah this isn't a Madden situation where only user players are getting developed. It would be nice to know if AI teams receive any sharpness though as that can have a significant effect on ratings.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
Is this confirmed as being a change from previous years? I figured training still played a role in development and the development plans were an expansion on that. Awesome if so!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Is this confirmed as being a change from previous years? I figured training still played a role in development and the development plans were an expansion on that. Awesome if so!
Confirmed. Development happens through dev plans and form. The training sessions definitely can impact it though because morale and form have an impact on how fast your dev plan takes to finish. The new training is all about the sharpness and fitness.

It has a lot of perks. If you have a lot of games back to back, you can actually choose to take rest/recovery days so your 1st team is fit for games on a short turnaround. In the past it always took strategic subbing or a full 2nd squad to go into UCL games with full stamina. Now it's easy.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #7
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Yeah this isn't a Madden situation where only user players are getting developed. It would be nice to know if AI teams receive any sharpness though as that can have a significant effect on ratings.
The CPU does not utilize sharpness. All their players stay at 50. They also are unable to develop and change players position like we can. I fear we can cheat the system too easily
Old 10-07-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I presume all non-user team players develop according to the balanced plan since it is the default. I'm not surprised they lack the ability to use the specialized plans and position changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »