Home

Is anyone playing this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone playing this game? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2020, 07:31 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone playing this game?

I have had the game for over a week now and due to the game being truly awful, i haven't played much
I have installed a couple of graphics mods today which improve the 4k ultra visuals on pc. The vanilla graphics have been downgraded on PC.
I have designed my own ini and i know the new command lines that ea are using for cm. These have made a difference
So later on today I will try playing some games in my CM. Its just a test cm until EA fix the fixtures and transfers etc. also there should be some heavyweight gameplay mods out in the coming months which may fix the AI issues
Sadly, the scripting can't be removed entirely, not even with mods. EA dont want us to enjoy the game that much!!!
In over a week I have played less than 1 hour. Thats a first
Old 10-10-2020, 11:43 AM   #10
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I was hesitant so I bought the disc so I could at least get something back if I didn't like it. I'm playing exhibition games on different levels and experimenting with settings and sliders. Thus far I'm enjoying it. I'm keeping it. I guess I'm one of the few who likes it.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

That’s the biggest problem for me- everyone assesses a game differently. I’ve enjoyed games in the past which the majority of people hated. Likewise, I’ve disliked some games that were very popular. What I want most from my sports titles are: 1) I want to feel like the players skill level matters. If I’m playing as a premier league side against a league 2 side, it should be an easy win. I want the transfers/signings I make to be noticeable on the pitch. In a lot of sports games it feels like the sliders make every team you play against seem like the same degree of difficulty. 2) I want realistic atmosphere. I want to hear a deafening chorus of “I’m forever blowing bubbles” when playing West Ham. Or “Glory glory Man United” at Old Trafford. 3) Fun- if I’m having fun then I can overlook slightly unrealistic gameplay or flawed animations etc...
So with that being said, it’s kind of hard for someone else to recommend buy or no buy because so much of what makes a game enjoyable is subjective to the individual who is playing. I probably just need to buy it and see for myself, or quit reading about this game and be determined to stick with FIFA 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #12
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

I'd stay with 20. 21 plays smoother (XB1) to me but the game play improvements aren't significant and CM isn't much more than a roster update. I'm a strictly online player so I bought the game but if I was strictly an offline player then I wouldn't have.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-10-2020, 05:46 PM   #13
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I'd stay with 20. 21 plays smoother (XB1) to me but the game play improvements aren't significant and CM isn't much more than a roster update. I'm a strictly online player so I bought the game but if I was strictly an offline player then I wouldn't have.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app
How do you call CM a roster update?! Holy cow, the CM is one of the brightest spots with so much going on! Did you read all the additions to CM? As an offline CM player only, CM has been an absolute joy!
Old 10-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
Rookie

Does bumping up the difficulty help with the central mid defending issue?
Old 10-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
How do you call CM a roster update?! Holy cow, the CM is one of the brightest spots with so much going on! Did you read all the additions to CM? As an offline CM player only, CM has been an absolute joy!
I'm totally with you on this. I have loved CM so far and to be completely honest, I have enjoyed the game overall thus far. I am strictly an offline player. Just exhibition, CM, tournaments, etc vs. CPU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm waiting for Black Friday sales and Leeds to be given the PL treatment before i buy. Have barely touched my PS4 in the last month due to other priorities so no point in rushing in for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »