Home

Youth Player Development Rate

This is a discussion on Youth Player Development Rate within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2020, 05:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Youth Player Development Rate

Does anyone know the difference between rates of development for players in the youth academy vs players in the reserves of your first team?

I've got a couple of 16 and 17 year olds in my youth system who look like they could be good, but who likely won't play much football at all if I promoted them to the first team. Am I best bringing them up now anyway even if they sit I the reserves or leaving them in the youth academy for as long as possible?

Bringing them up and loaning them out is obviously an option but I find that loan listed players are much harder to loan out this year as teams always offer you a loan to buy deal and refuse to accept anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2020, 01:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Youth Player Development Rate

I've been wondering the same thing for a few years now. Hopefully, someone in the know can give us an answer?
Old 10-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbank_ca
I've been wondering the same thing for a few years now. Hopefully, someone in the know can give us an answer?
Hopefully someone more experienced than me can answer the question but from the past 2 years I have been playing its like this. The strategy is to leave them in the academy till them complain and want to come out. Dont take them early unless you have too. THey develop faster in the academy for me anyways, unless of course you are playing them in the squad weekly.

ONce they complain and come up, I always loan them out. Always
Old 10-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

If i remember correctly they develop in the academy as if their form is OK, so it's to your advantage to get them promoted, play them and get their form up, and then let them develop faster. It's still a gamble because of the squad size limit.

You can double check this in the career mode pitch notes they released in august, but it's what i remember reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »