Home

Is anyone playing this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone playing this game? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Is anyone playing this game?

I’m really surprised at the lack of new impressions shared here since the standard edition released today. I feel like in previous years, this forum was buzzing with either positive or negative chatter about the game on release day. Being that I personally can’t decide whether to upgrade from FIFA 20, I’m assuming a lot of others are hesitant on buying this year.
I’d really welcome any input on whether to purchase this year. I’m offline only career mode player. I don’t touch any other modes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone playing this game?

After spending a good amount of time with it since early access I think you're better off sticking with 20. There is a problem with the midfielders not defending properly the don't pick up runners from midfield and generally will sit off and just let the back line do the work. It's a shame as the CM changes are pretty good it's just on the field its a bit meh.

A lot of the impressions are here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ions-here.html

and here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-gameplay.html

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 10-09-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
After spending a good amount of time with it since early access I think your better off sticking with 20. There is a problem with the midfielders not defending properly the don't pick up runners from midfield and generally will sit off and just let the back line do the work. It's a shame as the CM changes are pretty good it's just on the field its a bit meh.

A lot of the impressions are here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ions-here.html

and here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-gameplay.html
Do you anticipate the midfield defense will be patched to be more effective?
Old 10-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
Do you anticipate the midfield defense will be patched to be more effective?
It's possible but no clue when it might happen. Seems like it was done on purpose and not a bug. Hopefully they fix it patch it as otherwise I'd say FIFA 21 was def worth a purchase, if not for the midfield issue.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
It's possible but no clue when it might happen. Seems like it was done on purpose and not a bug. Hopefully they fix it patch it as otherwise I'd say FIFA 21 was def worth a purchase, if not for the midfield issue.
I appreciate the feedback. I think I’m going to hold off and see if any patches are released. Apart from the training updates, has anything else really changed in career mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 09:45 PM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticboy25
I appreciate the feedback. I think I’m going to hold off and see if any patches are released. Apart from the training updates, has anything else really changed in career mode?
Lets see league tables aren't messed up anymore, you can make transfers harder which applies to the cpu as well, you can train players to play in a new position, visual sim has been added so you can sim a game and jump in and out of it at any time. Hmmm might be other stuff but I think that's it.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Lets see league tables aren't messed up anymore, you can make transfers harder which applies to the cpu as well, you can train players to play in a new position, visual sim has been added so you can sim a game and jump in and out of it at any time. Hmmm might be other stuff but I think that's it.
Thank a bunch jrnlgrn.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:57 AM   #8
MVP

One great initial impression that I've come away is that j haven't conceded a single goal yet where I felt cheated afterwards. Even on Ultimate difficulty.

I haven't felt the victim of scripting or cheesy CPU gameplay. Every goal that I've conceded had felt as if it would have been preventable if I had done something differently.

There haven't been any of those games where I've finished with 10 shots, 7 on target, and 1 goal but the CPU has finished with 2 shots, 2 on target, and 2 goals. The games where you know that you're going to lose whatever you do.

For all of the games warts, this surely has to be incredibly promising.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »