Home

Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates?

This is a discussion on Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates?

To say I was disappointed in FIFA 21 would be an understatement. Leading up to its...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Post-Patch FIFA 21 - Has It Improved After Two Major Updates?

No. Sold it and will not return to this series.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Glad that the Adidas All Star glitch was fixed and now you can transfer Messi/Pogba etc. Still half of the top flight clubs are missing their third strips.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Not sure how they made the ball physics worse I have seen headers on target from the top of the box and a GK actual score from a saved shot!
Old 11-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

OVR: 0
Thank god FM21 is finally out, real soccer to work with again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2020, 07:27 AM   #6
Rookie

This is only about CM mode on PS4 Pro, while using the latest set of OS sliders:
I am tired of scoring 3 or 4 goals per game without ever having a single really good play. Goals are just scored randomly, they somehow happen.
I am tired of forwards, wingers and offensive midfielders running on the most moronic routes, either offside or straight into a defender, instead of into open space.
I am tired of my defensive midfielders just standing around and watching in awe, as the CPU team passes the ball to and fro right in front of my box. If I select them to be controlled by me, it works for a few seconds, before the game inevitably switches to a central back.

I am tired of the CPU team combining for ten passes inside my box, without any of my tackles ever being successful, and if it is, it is inevitably a penalty, at least if my team is ahead.
I am tired of conceding near post goals with an excellent goalkeeper with top reaction values and foot saves as his speciality.

I am tired of high pressure teams scoring directly off tackles inside my box, when my 89 strength defender, who has just secured the ball is actually shielding the d...m thing.

I am tired of the fact that it takes an act of God to score from outside the box.
I am tired of the fact that no matter how you change the sliders, no matter how you change team tactics and indvidual player instructions, it is simply not possible to play my kind of football with this game, which would be: the team as a whole attacks and defends, as a unit.
Im going back to fifa 17 for now and I will wait for further updates and what people around here think of them.
I cannot believe that it is possible to make a game, which comes out every year, actually worse, when the developpers were able to get it right before (for instance in 14 and 17).

Last edited by alex2202; 11-16-2020 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Siuflyer's Arena

It’s EA, what did you expect?
Old 11-16-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm having a hard time finding my difficulty offline this year.* I've been on World Class for many years now, in fact last year I finally played some matches on Legendary because I went on a WC winning streak and the game was shaming me into moving up.* I truly believed that the scripting was gone , I wasn't seeing those cheap stoppage time goals and really had zero rage fits I can recall off hand.* It was fun, better than PES 2020 in my opinion, even despite the player movement being so cringey at times.

This year World Class just seems to score sooo many cheap, BS goals, it has basically forced me to play Professional.* I'm still enjoying the game, just wish I could play a more formidable difficulty level without feeling like I'm being cheated, or having to constantly tinker with the sliders.* Tried full manual for awhile, hoping for a sweet spot between Pro and WC,* but ultimately found it to be too tedious and slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »