Home

How Could the New Super League Potentially Impact FIFA?

This is a discussion on How Could the New Super League Potentially Impact FIFA? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2021, 03:29 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
How Could the New Super League Potentially Impact FIFA?

The last 24 hours in the world of footy have been, well, interesting. Unless you've been...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Please no...
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 04-19-2021, 06:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Won't happen.. It would be tied up in courts for years. FIFA/UEFA have already threated players (not being allowed to play for national team etc) Its financial/politcal posturing by these "elite" clubs. They will get the $ in the end.*
Old 04-20-2021, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

as a Spanish football fan of Celta de Vigo I hope this don't happen otherwise* they will destroy the culture of football,* *sport local economies,* and our European sport identity* in favor of just 12 teams or 7 cities
Old 04-20-2021, 02:34 AM   #5
Rookie

ajaxab's Arena

OVR: 6
This situation would be similar to Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, LSU, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, and Oregon declaring that they have created a college football playoff for themselves and every other school can go sod off.* It is terrible for every other team outside of the self-selected twelve.* The new Big XII would leave their conferences and create their own league with what would be meaningless exhibition games against the Washingtons, Iowas, Auburns, and Miamis of the world. * It wouldn't be good for college football and it isn't good for European football or global football.* This is greed pure and simple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Re: How Could the New Super League Potentially Impact FIFA?

I'm fairly new to soccer, I started keeping up about 10 years ago really due to my interest in how different European soccer's structure of competition was compared to the US. I really liked the idea that any local team theoretically could move up to play with the big dogs thanks to the pyramid setup.

From what I've gathered the Super League is just a mid-week tournament trying to replace the Champions League, which I really enjoy watching by the way. These domestic leagues are the ones forcing out these clubs involved and if those clubs have to choose between the Premier League and Super League, they will choose the Super League with the potential amount of money it will make. I hope this doesn't happen but if the Premier League forces out its best clubs, they will only further create this Super League into even more of a monster because it will be the only place to see these clubs with the best players play. I hate this is happening for the fans that have so much tradition with these leagues and teams but as an outsider I am intrigued to see where this goes.

EDIT: Never mind, this thing's over now that Chelsea, Man U, and City just pulled out.

Last edited by Balldude777; 04-20-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Ya within 2 days this has fallen apart and now nothing but blushing from all the Prem sides that were originally signed on.. Probably a good thing there will be no fans to finish up this season.. would not a be fun walk out for any of these 6 clubs (home or away to non- ESL suggested teams)
Old 04-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #8
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How Could the New Super League Potentially Impact FIFA?

This post didn't age well.

I remember there was a great FIFA editor for PC FIFA that allowed you to create and edit tournaments and use them in a career mode. (I created a Canadian Championship of all things to be played during my MLS Toronto career mode). Definitely would be fun to create a Super League in FIFA for something completely different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »