Home

FIFA 22 Adds Exclusive Partnership With Serie A, Plus Other License Updates

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Adds Exclusive Partnership With Serie A, Plus Other License Updates within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-20-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
FIFA 22 Adds Exclusive Partnership With Serie A, Plus Other License Updates

As we get closer to the release of FIFA 22, it's been oddly quiet on the...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Adds Exclusive Partnership With Serie A, Plus Other License Updates

What good is an official license if you're missing 5 teams with no way (on console at least) to put the real team in the game. Not like these are the sides likely to get relegated either. These are "big" clubs they don't have in the game. Missing a bunch of national teams as well is just perplexing. So they can make up fake club teams but not fake national teams.

This game is a mess just like eFootball but just in a different way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app

"Save the Day, Look Good, Get Paid"

"I like the guacamole. Now I don't really love the guacamole. So I get it when I feel like it."

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 09-20-2021 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
What good is an official license if you're missing 5 teams with no way (on console at least) to put the real team in the game. Not like these are the sides likely to get relegated either. These are "big" clubs they don't have in the game. Missing a bunch of national teams as well is just perplexing. So they can make up fake club teams but not fake national teams.

This game is a mess just like eFootball but just in a different way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
There is quite a few Serie B teams in ROW section in The game this year. I swapped them with the unlicensed teams in the beta.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:21 AM   #4
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Now I know we are missing four real names in the Italian league, but here is what they have used & how it links to the real clubs. It doesnít make up for them but once you know how the name links to the team it makes it better than just thinking why have they used that name.

Okay this one doesnít have a meaning, FC Rome just sounds like Roma in a slightly bad English translation but itís obvious who they are

Atalantaís full real name is Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio, so again I can live with Bergamo Calcio and itís where the club is also based. Also if you want, you could say Atalanta has closed due to financial reasons & they have re-established the original club before Atalanta was invented FC Bergamo. They were established in 1904, three years before Atalanta was.

Piemonte Calcio, I know Piemonte/Piedmont is the area of which Turin is the capital & they are from, plus Iím actually now used to the name & still refer to them as Juve.

As for SS Lazio, now I know Latium is the area that Rome sits in & the Italian word for Latium is Lazio so I can see why they used it, but they could have used Societŗ Sportiva, which is what the SS stands for instead.

Now I would prefer the correct names & hopefully the four teams will come back in future games, but for now at least you have an understanding as to why these clubs are called what they are called. Apart from FC Rome which was clearly a staff meeting at 5pm on a Friday & they were all going to pub but couldnít until they found a new name for AS Roma

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-21-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

The exclusive rights is only beneficial to FUT, which is their money grabbing game mode. That's really all that matters to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Now I know we are missing four real names in the Italian league, but here is what they have used & how it links to the real clubs. It doesnít make up for them but once you know how the name links to the team it makes it better than just thinking why have they used that name.

Okay this one doesnít have a meaning, FC Rome just sounds like Roma in a slightly bad English translation but itís obvious who they are

Atalantaís full real name is Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio, so again I can live with Bergamo Calcio and itís where the club is also based. Also if you want, you could say Atalanta has closed due to financial reasons & they have re-established the original club before Atalanta was invented FC Bergamo. They were established in 1904, three years before Atalanta was.

Piemonte Calcio, I know Piemonte/Piedmont is the area of which Turin is the capital & they are from, plus Iím actually now used to the name & still refer to them as Juve.

As for SS Lazio, now I know Latium is the area that Rome sits in & the Italian word for Latium is Lazio so I can see why they used it, but they could have used Societŗ Sportiva, which is what the SS stands for instead.

Now I would prefer the correct names & hopefully the four teams will come back in future games, but for now at least you have an understanding as to why these clubs are called what they are called. Apart from FC Rome which was clearly a staff meeting at 5pm on a Friday & they were all going to pub but couldnít until they found a new name for AS Roma

Good post and I enjoyed the history lesson (for real!) but I don't think anyone has an issue with the actual names EA used, it's more so the fact that you can't really have an "official license" if 4-5 clubs are generic with NO way to edit them on consoles.

I don't think there's enough hell being raised by the FIFA community about the need for a PES-like Edit Mode. I'm no lawyer but I don't think there's a legal argument to be had about why we can't change kits, rename teams, etc... if PES was doing it all these years with no legal blowback.

Strange times indeed!
Old 09-21-2021, 03:44 PM   #7
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Good post and I enjoyed the history lesson (for real!) but I don't think anyone has an issue with the actual names EA used, it's more so the fact that you can't really have an "official license" if 4-5 clubs are generic with NO way to edit them on consoles.

I don't think there's enough hell being raised by the FIFA community about the need for a PES-like Edit Mode. I'm no lawyer but I don't think there's a legal argument to be had about why we can't change kits, rename teams, etc... if PES was doing it all these years with no legal blowback.

Strange times indeed!

Thatís very true, we used to do it with creation centre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »