Home

FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

Full EA Play Pro release on PC.

No difference at all to midfielders tracking back, or AI actually crossing the ball.

I have seen an increase in the number of times the CPU attacks thru the middle and occasionally shoots from outside of the box. Other than that, same doodoo different year, sadly.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:36 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 22 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatDaFawke
Full EA Play Pro release on PC.

No difference at all to midfielders tracking back, or AI actually crossing the ball.

I have seen an increase in the number of times the CPU attacks thru the middle and occasionally shoots from outside of the box. Other than that, same doodoo different year, sadly.
I'm not sure what your settings are or which teams, but from the games I have played, I am seeing plenty of midfielders tracking back and crossing. As someone who identified the midfield not tracking back issue, I can tell you that this is 10x better than 21 without a doubt.

Here the CPU tracking back

https://streamable.com/tho4ey

Here the User's teammate AI tracking back, after the CPU tries a cross.

https://streamable.com/3zhbsp
Old 09-22-2021, 06:11 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm not sure what your settings are or which teams, but from the games I have played, I am seeing plenty of midfielders tracking back and crossing. As someone who identified the midfield not tracking back issue, I can tell you that this is 10x better than 21 without a doubt.
Was that on PC? WOW! Completely different to my experience. I'm playing on world class with default sliders, and seeing a huge empty gap between defence and midfield, and the midfielders almost never come close to the box, no matter what my formation is. Could you tell me your main settings?

I did create a very young half star team to the English League 2, so that can (and to a certain extent should) easily be a huge part of the problem, but the CPU is moving nothing like that in my games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 06:28 PM   #12
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Re: FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

hi Matt have now watched 3 to 5 videos on youtube, and must say on the next gen consoles it looks a lot better than on the old consoles and the PC

the goalkeepers also behave better and smarter on the new consoles

I think there will be a big difference this time whether you play on next gen consoles or on the old consoles

Which console do you play on if I may ask Matt?
Old 09-22-2021, 06:29 PM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Here the CPU tracking back

https://streamable.com/tho4ey

Here the User's teammate AI tracking back, after the CPU tries a cross.

https://streamable.com/3zhbsp
Interesting, I may have to give this a trial a go since it is good to see the CM's actually tracking back but that second clip wasn't technically a cross lol some sort of odd headed cross I guess.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Yeah, the midfield just refuses defend correctly on the PC version. Pretty sure the AI/engine for non-next gen versions is exactly the same from last year.

Here I was facing Dortmund 2 (CPU with the ball) with my created team, and this happens no matter what I adjust or which team I play with. I was playing on legendary difficulty with default sliders.

Top right my LM is already just standing still while staring at the CPUs defense for some reason, while my 2 CDMs!!! that I adjusted to be as low as possible, that are set to cover the center and man mark, are casually jogging down. Their CAM in wide open space held the ball in peace for half a century before making a pass, since my CDMs are staying too far to user switch.

Thanks for nothing, Sam Rivera!
Old 09-22-2021, 08:51 PM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatDaFawke

Yeah, the midfield just refuses defend correctly on the PC version. Pretty sure the AI/engine for non-next gen versions is exactly the same from last year.

Here I was facing Dortmund 2 (CPU with the ball) with my created team, and this happens no matter what I adjust or which team I play with. I was playing on legendary difficulty with default sliders.

Top right my LM is already just standing still while staring at the CPUs defense for some reason, while my 2 CDMs!!! that I adjusted to be as low as possible, that are set to cover the center and man mark, are casually jogging down. Their CAM in wide open space held the ball in peace for half a century before making a pass, since my CDMs are staying too far to user switch.

Thanks for nothing, Sam Rivera!

Yeah unfortunately I think there’s going to be a big difference this year between playing on Next Gen and last gen. HyperMotion which is probably at work behind the scenes is what feeds into a lot of the defensive movements and it’s exclusive to Next Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Question for those that know...
So if I buy the game on cdkeys, do I then have to go and pay for Play to get to play now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »