Home

FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2021, 07:26 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 22 Trial Available For EA Play Subscribers

Haven’t owned a FIFA since 17, but have been watching soccer more this year, so figured I’d check out 22. Got the EA Play sub and downloaded the game to play after kids went to bed. When I booted it up, I realized I had downloaded 21. Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #26
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes presentation is decent and it looks pretty but I've played 3 hours and can say without a doubt this is the worst fifa I have played in about 10 years. The keepers are pathetic. Even with sliders maxed they don't save anything. Long shots going in all over the place. Massive disappointment.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:30 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
Not gonna lie - it is a vast improvement on FIFA 21, especially in the positioning of players and the general distribution of bodies on the pitch and how they cover space.*

That said, it is still marred by questionable physics, jerkiness and ugly animations.*

Positives:
+ Excellent positioning of players
+ A sense of unpredictability (it feels more like football). Lots of scrappy battles.*
+ Good coverage from midfielders
+ Lob passing (when on assisted) looks very realistic - not so when on manual
+ It has a feeling of weight about it
+The ball looks like it's the right size (finally)
+ the lighting looks much brighter / sharper*
+ Some new goal keeper animations
+ Player faces have improved in both likeness and skin lighting*

Negatives
- Sliding / skating animations
- The jerkiness in movement is still very much present
- Headers look way too overpowered
- Player models look very similar and cartoonish (this is where PES has had a massive advantage). If I play on a distant camera angle, I cannot distinguish or tell who the players are
- Lob pass looks weird when on manual - it looks like a kind of a chip*
- Switching is very frustrating. It very rarely switches to the right player - especially on defence.
- Lack of licences is unforgivable for a FIFA game
- There is a sense of staleness about the game. They really need to smooth out those jerky animations*
- Whilst the light is brighter / sharper, there is a sense of arcade / cartoon about the whole thing. It looks more of a video game than before (if that makes sense).*

Last edited by iaxy; 09-23-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:18 AM   #28
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
The game looks incredible and plays even more realistically than '21 imo. It actually feels like a game of football to me. I am playing with heavily modified sliders.

A couple of weird things for me that I'd be curious if other people have noticed:

- CPU blasted three shots towards the top corner from outside the box that all hit the bar in one game. I've seen this in YouTube videos too. Seems to happen a lot.

- The players and ball seem to have some kind of glow around them. They stand out in some weird way like people do in front of a green screen. Not sure if it was just because it was a night game or if it was something weird about my TV/console visual settings but it looked strange to me.

The best thing for me was that the CPU felt dangerous and threatening with the ball. They actually attack aggressively and intelligently, and played some really nice balls in and around the box. Defending was a challenge but not because tackling is near impossible like it was on '21.
Same experience!
1. When the CPU scores, they hit bangers to the top corners. That kills the immersion for me. I hoped we get more random goals, flat shots and so on.
2. I noticed it on the ball. I can´t say what it is, but the ball doesn´t look round. First I thought, there was something like a shadow around it like the puck on NHL. But on replays it looked normal. I hope they fix it
Old 09-23-2021, 10:34 AM   #29
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

I am liking this game so far. Really fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #30
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Definitely a very casual fan of soccer so take this with a huge grain of salt as I don't really know the tactics or ins and outs of the strategy and if they are really represented that well.

That being said I do get Fifa every year and usually go back and forth between PES and it.

No idea if my initial impression will hold up but I gotta say that I was extremely impressed. I think the game looks fantastic and I am digging the direction they took the graphics.I guess I can see why maybe people think they look a little cartoony, I'm not sure really what it is though it just looks cool to me.

Yes there is sliding which is an eye sore but I guess NBA2k22 cushioned that blow for me cause it's way worse and I've come to terms with it lol.

The gameplay has been fantastic for me. I actually had to use a different tactic then turboing up and down the field. Player switching is still complete garbage but that's been a forever thing. I also have always hated how my AI teammates don't help at all but I understand the reasons they develop the game that way for user skill to determine outcomes but its still annoying. It seems better this year though.

Shots outside the box and cpu crossing the ball is great to see. Shots are far too accurate on default but I haven't messed with sliders yet.

Game was real hard for me which is awesome. Cpu was dangerous in a smart way. I traditionally play on World Class and can hold my own but my first game Man U vs Arsenal I was down 7-0 at the half lol. After I got my bearings I was having some great games 4-0 3-1 2-1 and 2-0. I have yet to win but I like seeing realistic scores. Fifas biggest issue for me the last few years was the high scoring unrealistic goal fests most games were. Haven't had this yet but it's early. I hope this holds up.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
Yes presentation is decent and it looks pretty but I've played 3 hours and can say without a doubt this is the worst fifa I have played in about 10 years. The keepers are pathetic. Even with sliders maxed they don't save anything. Long shots going in all over the place. Massive disappointment.
Last generation or current gen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Maybe somebody can help me out with this...
I have Origin but I usually buy FIFA via CDKeys. Always a better deal. But if I pay for a month of EA Play to get 10 hours of the game right away, and the 10% off buying the game, I can only get the loyalty discount on the more expensive version of the game? Not just the standard? So...here's a 10% discount and now we're gonna charge you the 10% in a more expensive version of the game?

Am I right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »