Home

FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 22 First Impressions (PS5) - Pleasant Surprise So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Those are PS5 graphics?! *TERRIBLE. *Looks like 2 gens ago.

I've got my issues with the game but the graphics? lol not a chance. You playing last gen version on PS5? I'm on Series X and the game looks awesome. Maybe not NBA 2k level, but they're rendering a much larger area and doing an incredible job with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #26
Rookie

Seancefc's Arena

Graphics on PS5 range from horrible to excellent. Happy to post some screenshots tomorrow but some of the visuals wouldn’t look out of place on ps2.

Overall there’s no doubt they could do better.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #27
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

I agree, graphics are a bit of a mixed bag. That said, for years toward the end of last gen the visuals were really lagging and it was a big weakness for FIFA, but IMO that's no longer the case.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskyds
I love the gameplay of FIFA 22. It's very addictive, the improvements in ball physics, air fights, AI, positioning and animations (especially the goalkeepers) are remarkable.
I play like my brother, in full manual + sliders, and it's even better.
My brother Ari recently uploaded a compilation video of plays, take a look if you have a while, you will surely like it. Greetings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxAlehKP3XA
Wow, really awesome video. Great edit work by your bro. I’m gunna check his channel out for some more gameplay. Thanks for posting this.
Old 09-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #29
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm shocked people are enjoying this. For real football fans it doesn't capture the sport for me. Player moment doesn't feel right, players run like they are in quicksand. Keepers don't use their arms or dive realistically again. And And presentation is another copy and paste effort.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
I'm shocked people are enjoying this. For real football fans it doesn't capture the sport for me. Player moment doesn't feel right, players run like they are in quicksand. Keepers don't use their arms or dive realistically again. And And presentation is another copy and paste effort.

If there were another viable option people might not be, but PES is a giant pile of trash this year. Actually, it doesn't have any modes so in reality it's just a very small pile of trash this year. FIFA 22 isn't my favorite game in the world, but it's the best we've got and i love the sport so i'm gonna play it.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #31
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Like I said a few post ago it's a good FIFA game not a good football game.
Quote:
Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2021, 12:35 PM   #32
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
I mean, only other option these days is basically to not play a football game. I fully agree about player movement but I disagree about not capturing the real sport. Is it as authentic to real football as I'd like? Absolutely not. But it captures enough of it, and IMO much better than past FIFAs, especially the last couple years.

(Plus, after a horrible last gen for FIFA, personally I like the direction they've gone with the first game on new gen systems and I'm intrigued that maybe this gen could be much better than last. One can dream!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »