Home

CPU Players Out of Position

This is a discussion on CPU Players Out of Position within the EA Sports FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA
SBK 22 Review - Brake for Impact
Madden 23 Franchise Mode Issues: Still Plenty That Needs Fixing
PGA Tour 2K23 MyPlayer and MyCareer Details And Early Impressions
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
CPU Players Out of Position

Anybody else noticing CPU teams playing players out of position quite often? Particularly playing fullbacks at centre back and vice versa, and wingers at centre midfield and vice versa.

For example, Man Utd often line up with Sancho at CM and McTominay at RW. Brighton often line up with Lamprey at the centre of a back 5, etc.

Any way to fix this?
Mackrel829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2020
Re: CPU Players Out of Position

I use a second controller and go into select sides before the match and then select the oppositionís lineup myself. As soon as the match starts I disconnect the second controller.
Diego Sanchez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2006
Blog Entries: 2
Re: CPU Players Out of Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Anybody else noticing CPU teams playing players out of position quite often? Particularly playing fullbacks at centre back and vice versa, and wingers at centre midfield and vice versa.

For example, Man Utd often line up with Sancho at CM and McTominay at RW. Brighton often line up with Lamprey at the centre of a back 5, etc.

Any way to fix this?
If you do any kind of modifications to the main squad lineups but don't go and also modify the two offensive and defensive lineups as well, the players in the default one will end up scattered all over the place in the other 4 lineups. Typically stock squads work throughout. The thing is that players don't seem to be tied to the position you put them in in the default lineup, they seem tied to the player you replace and where that player was playing. There are all sorts of little squad lineup bugs in FIFA going back to the 2014 World Cup game.
tinpanalley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #4
Rookie
 
ImmortalMindz's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: CPU Players Out of Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sanchez
I use a second controller and go into select sides before the match and then select the oppositionís lineup myself. As soon as the match starts I disconnect the second controller.
Super tedious but doing this massively improves the single player experience. Combine this with going in and changing CPU team sheets so that player instructions and tactics actually make sense for that team, it's like a different, hugely improved version of FIFA.

It's just such a pain.
ImmortalMindz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2019
Re: CPU Players Out of Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
Super tedious but doing this massively improves the single player experience. Combine this with going in and changing CPU team sheets so that player instructions and tactics actually make sense for that team, it's like a different, hugely improved version of FIFA.

It's just such a pain.
Especially when you only have one controller lol.
Mackrel829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Top -