Home

Slow Motion Skating

This is a discussion on Slow Motion Skating within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Slow Motion Skating

After playing about 40 (now with an incredibly BAD 4 real wins and 2 by disconnect) games against other people so far.. 2/3's of them it seems like my players are in slow motion while the rest of you are on steroids..

Everyone's defensemen skate by my forwards like crazy.. stick handling through them like they're traffic cones in a practice drill.. once in a while I can poke the puck but more often than not of course I go to the box for a trip if I even attempt it.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Slow Motion Skating

If you aren't already, try using the coach I. Skuin to give a +3 skating boost to all your players.

Also make sure to assign a captain to give him a +2 all boost and pick two alternate captains to receive a +1 all boost.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you aren't already, try using the coach I. Skuin to give a +3 skating boost to all your players.

Also make sure to assign a captain to give him a +2 all boost and pick two alternate captains to receive a +1 all boost.
Another thing I missed in HUT.. didn't notice a place to name captains.. didn't even think about it.. Thanks for the info.. checking it out after MNF

Old 09-15-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Now that MNF is over, I know WHY I didn't know about captains.. etc I've NEVER seen a captain or assistant captain card and had never heard of them..

My 4-star $50 million salary team just seems so slow.. it's like a high school team playing a college team in most of the games I play.. the other teams buzz around in my zone while I can't catch up to them most of the time, besides being out-skated terribly by defensemen

Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 AM   #5
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

I've got mostly 84 and 85's on offense now.. 2 81's an 83 and an 84.. yet in the pregame before a game my Team offensive rating is an 82.. no wonder I can't score a goal..

First line
Alexander Steen- Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen..

Second line
Brooks Laich - Nick Bonino - Zack Kassian

Third line
Matt Cooke - Kyle Brodziak - Nino Niederreiter

Fourth line
Marcus Foligno - Tyler Kennedy - Tuomo Ruutu

Fiddler is the coach +2 skating +1 shooting +2 hands +2 checking

Foligno and Cooke are the lowest rated at 81.. Kennedy is 83 as is Nino.. the rest are 84 and 85.. I can't score MORE than 2 goals a game.. nobody but Steen can skate those Hansen's skating rating is higher and Nielsen is equal to Steen but they all just seem so slow against any other team.

Team chemistry is only 86% as I try and figure out how to actually win a game.. I'm now 3-23-3 with this team, only ONE of those is a legit win without a disconnect with this team. Still have no issues playing/winning in other modes which makes this so much harder to figure out

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The first thing I'd suggest would be getting a better coach like D. Samuels or I. Skuin. That will automatically improve every player in your lineup.

The second thing would be getting less grinder and more skill guys in your lineup. Playmakers and snipers are going to help your offense more than guys like Cooke and Hansen.

You could also move Brooks Laich to center, since he has an 84 face off rating, and Bonino only has a 78 face off rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »