Home

A little Humorous Venting

This is a discussion on A little Humorous Venting within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
A little Humorous Venting

Why is it that when my goalie keeps the puck moving my players skate away and want nothing to do with gaining possession, but when my opponent does it, their players are hard on the puck.

Why is that when I lay a monster check, the player gets right back up and maintains puck control while my forechecker passionately waits for them to get the puck, but when I get checked, it takes 10 years for me to get back on my skates.

Why is that when I make cross-crease one-timers with hard passes the shooter slaps a 100+mph slap shot only to have the goalie make spiderman saves, but when my opponent does the cross-crease one-timers, they wait 5 secs, and make a gentle tap with the stick and the goalie can't stop it.

Just some common issues that rattle the mind!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: A little Humorous Venting

Wow, this went right to the feels! Although i did not find humour in this, for these are happening for real, you are not the only one.

I also want to add some venting here:

Why does it oh so often happen to be the case that i drive the posession game, and have excellent shots on goal, while the (computer) goalie makes excellent saves, while on my back end, my superstar goalie can't, literally, handle the first two shots of the game? No matter how, the computer almost always gets the best of me at the start of the game. And no, i'm not a ******, i know how to whoop your *** in the game, you... you.. people who think the game is perfect and we the people are not!

Also, does this happen to anyone else: a perfect shot opportunity, perfect timing.. and.. no shot, the stick just stops on the ice, the player doesn't make the shot. I have had this happen so many times, i know this is not an accident.

Also weird skater animations that last for a lifetime, defensive faceoff wins that way too often go towards my own goalie, and AI automatic hit targeting system that you cannot by any means avoid or dodge with any deke.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: A little Humorous Venting

For whatever reason in the earlier offline seasons, on the pro difficulty the AI shoots at about a 40% clip when it's an NHL team. Not a huge issue because it's easy to score a touchdown but still annoying as hell.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »