Home

Why HUT is the biggest scam ever

This is a discussion on Why HUT is the biggest scam ever within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Why HUT is the biggest scam ever

Ok so I have done my fair share of complaining about HUT. The ease of stacking teams...the beach ball goals...etc. Well after taking a break I went back and after more frustration I decided to do some testing. I did two different tests and I've decided HUT is with a doubt the greatest money making scam ever perpetrated upon the sports gaming community. Here is what I did.

First Test:
I played 5 games with my good players then 5 games with about 10 mediocre players in my lineup including a low level goalie. Here's what I found. My 92 Hasek and my 81 Chad Johnson played identical. They each faced about the same shots. They each allowed roughly the same amount of easy floater goals and they both made their fair share of good saves. Lower level players scored just as many step over the line shoot goals as my top of the line snipers. My top of the line playmakers made just as many bad passes as a silver player. The games played out exactly the same. It was win some lose some. The only thing that made a difference was the skill of the player you played against. The lineup you roll out means virtually nothing.

Second Test:
I have a good team with decent Synergies activated. 3 which boost the entire team (Angry Aggressors, Locker Room Leader, and Silky Smooth) I also have (Clutch Player, and Fine Shooter) activated. I thought my team would kick major butt with all those things activated. I don't notice a damn difference with those activated or not. In fact again the games played out the same and the only thing that matters is the opponents skill level.

Bottom line is, unlike MLB the Show (the only other game I play online) none of your cards or synergies matter. Save your money and your time and roll out the cards they give you for free and just get better at the game. Not only does EA only care about this cash cow, its selling placebos to the masses. What a joke.

Last edited by jake19ny; 10-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Why HUT is the biggest scam ever

Not really seeing the point of this thread.

You are obviously biased so your testing would be flawed and sample sizes that small mean next to nothing.

HUT isn't for everyone. But there is plenty of offline HUT things to do for once which for some would be fun.

Spending money in HUT is totally optional and not necessary. Coins this year are the easiest to get in the series (especially in all off the offline challenges to do).
Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Not really seeing the point of this thread.

You are obviously biased so your testing would be flawed and sample sizes that small mean next to nothing.

HUT isn't for everyone. But there is plenty of offline HUT things to do for once which for some would be fun.

Spending money in HUT is totally optional and not necessary. Coins this year are the easiest to get in the series (especially in all off the offline challenges to do).
How is it Biased? incidentally since the writing of this thread I have sold off most of my top tier cards to buy the 99 Jagr (I'm a Jagr fan) and just put together a team of players I like. My overall team ratings in Offense, Defense and Goalie all dropped 6-9 points to the low 90s....my games are the same win some lose some. Good games and games full of BS. I'm beating guys with stacked teams I'm losing to guys with lesser teams. I stand by this thread. Cards and Synergies mean very little. It comes down to the human players skill level period. Do you honestly believe that if you have an 89 standard McDavid that spending the money to get the 92 McDavid with a different synergy is going to make any noticeable difference in your ganeplay? It's a money making scam.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
How is it Biased? incidentally since the writing of this thread I have sold off most of my top tier cards to buy the 99 Jagr (I'm a Jagr fan) and just put together a team of players I like. My overall team ratings in Offense, Defense and Goalie all dropped 6-9 points to the low 90s....my games are the same win some lose some. Good games and games full of BS. I'm beating guys with stacked teams I'm losing to guys with lesser teams. I stand by this thread. Cards and Synergies mean very little. It comes down to the human players skill level period. Do you honestly believe that if you have an 89 standard McDavid that spending the money to get the 92 McDavid with a different synergy is going to make any noticeable difference in your ganeplay? It's a money making scam.
How is it biased. You rant about how bad the NHL series is all over this forum. No way could you do "an-unbiased experiment".

Regardless i have always stated save your money. This year seems to be the easiest ever for getting pretty good top players for very little in coins.

My problem with HUT is all the teams are the same....and the top players just keep trying to do the same thing on offense to score......its boring to play against.

I dream of a game that goalies are organic....in which there are no money spots on the ice and that different goalies give up different goals based on their attributes and the moves an offensive player makes, and/or the traffic in front of the net, or offensive situation.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
How is it biased. You rant about how bad the NHL series is all over this forum. No way could you do "an-unbiased experiment".

Regardless i have always stated save your money. This year seems to be the easiest ever for getting pretty good top players for very little in coins.

My problem with HUT is all the teams are the same....and the top players just keep trying to do the same thing on offense to score......its boring to play against.

I dream of a game that goalies are organic....in which there are no money spots on the ice and that different goalies give up different goals based on their attributes and the moves an offensive player makes, and/or the traffic in front of the net, or offensive situation.
Well I definitely agree with your three points for sure and I guess after over 2 decades of playing EA NHL games I’m going to be biased but I can assure you that the complaints I make are shared by many other hardcore hockey fans and they would all agree with your beefs as well. I guess I’m the idiot who keeps buying it but I love hockey so much and try and muddle through an offline season every year. I long for a day EA just listens to the hardcore hockey fan because many of these legacy issues are correctable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
OuttaNaptown

punx317's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Ok so I have done my fair share of complaining about HUT. The ease of stacking teams...the beach ball goals...etc. Well after taking a break I went back and after more frustration I decided to do some testing. I did two different tests and I've decided HUT is with a doubt the greatest money making scam ever perpetrated upon the sports gaming community. Here is what I did.

First Test:
I played 5 games with my good players then 5 games with about 10 mediocre players in my lineup including a low level goalie. Here's what I found. My 92 Hasek and my 81 Chad Johnson played identical. They each faced about the same shots. They each allowed roughly the same amount of easy floater goals and they both made their fair share of good saves. Lower level players scored just as many step over the line shoot goals as my top of the line snipers. My top of the line playmakers made just as many bad passes as a silver player. The games played out exactly the same. It was win some lose some. The only thing that made a difference was the skill of the player you played against. The lineup you roll out means virtually nothing.

Second Test:
I have a good team with decent Synergies activated. 3 which boost the entire team (Angry Aggressors, Locker Room Leader, and Silky Smooth) I also have (Clutch Player, and Fine Shooter) activated. I thought my team would kick major butt with all those things activated. I don't notice a damn difference with those activated or not. In fact again the games played out the same and the only thing that matters is the opponents skill level.

Bottom line is, unlike MLB the Show (the only other game I play online) none of your cards or synergies matter. Save your money and your time and roll out the cards they give you for free and just get better at the game. Not only does EA only care about this cash cow, its selling placebos to the masses. What a joke.
Hut is just a game mode you jump into and play without much thought. Thats why its so arcade like, no real end game just endless div titles. Game speed in hut just wreaks of arcade hockey not to mention the money part. There's many better ways to play nhl than hut. Until there's a serious online option with leagues, connected franchise, tournaments the arcade hockey financed by micro transactions is here to stay I'm afraid

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »