Home

NHL 13 Ratings Revamped

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Ratings Revamped within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #81
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Ratings Revamped

Absolutely Bruins! I have gone ahead and adjusted the settings of the document, and now anyone can go in and take a look at our progress so far.

Here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...aUtaZVE#gid=39

Please feel free to make suggestions on here if you feel that we got someone wrong. I can't guarantee that we will change it, but we will listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks good to me.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #83
Rookie

Thanks buddy.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins2012
Thanks buddy.
Not sure I'm using the correct roster for all game modes because of the NHL strike some of my favorite players aren't playing any hockey.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #85
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelPingu
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...player-ratings
Just in case you found this interesting and had not read it yet.
I suppose I'm a bit late, joining in on the discussion, but I found this article pretty interesting myself. Despite some questionable ratings (in my opinion and others), but i love this ratings system. Also, I do not think EA's roster is as flawed as people may think.

It's good to know that scouts tweak these ratings and not the EA devs (which is contrary to what we've thought for years). Scouts may make mistakes, but so can we as viewers of the sport. Rating players has to account for many, many variables. We can't necesserily predict which prospects will be stars and which will be flops.

Therefore, I think we should stray away from drastic ratings changes; subtlety is probably the best idea.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #86
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6
I will admit that this is easily the best ratings EA has put out in a while, and the old adage to each their own always does apply, I have had a few testers try the rosters with different teams, settings, and they have played multiple games, and can honestly say I am not alone in feeling that these rosters are a major improvement in our eyes as far as actual gameplay and player separation is concerned. We (Simple Math and I) have put exstensive research not only in the ratings we give, but also in its impact on gameplay simulations, and AI logic. If the changes are to drastic, then there are other options available. I would love to send you a copy of the rosters as they stand right now and hear what you think as far as the actual gameplay. Who knows, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
NHL13 - http://goo.gl/Gmb9sf

CYCLONIAC'S MUSIC PACK - http://goo.gl/oPQtZt
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #87
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead73
I will admit that this is easily the best ratings EA has put out in a while, and the old adage to each their own always does apply, I have had a few testers try the rosters with different teams, settings, and they have played multiple games, and can honestly say I am not alone in feeling that these rosters are a major improvement in our eyes as far as actual gameplay and player separation is concerned. We (Simple Math and I) have put exstensive research not only in the ratings we give, but also in its impact on gameplay simulations, and AI logic. If the changes are to drastic, then there are other options available. I would love to send you a copy of the rosters as they stand right now and hear what you think as far as the actual gameplay. Who knows, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Don't get me wrong, I was planning on downloading a modified roster; doing all of that myself is too tiresome ;p So I'm looking forward to using the roster. Add good sliders and you really have a gem of a game to play. Keep it up. Just be careful what you modify.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #88
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

With the prospects rated in the 50s and 60s, how have they progressed in BAGM? Have you seen any players that have blossomed into superstars?

I see you all have Filip Forsberg at 70, projected to be one of the better players in the NHL in a few years. Does he become that big name?

Remember: players early in drafts are usually NHL ready. E.g. Tavares, Ovechkin, Crosby.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »