Home

WARNING TO ALL REGARDING ROSTER CORRUPTION

This is a discussion on WARNING TO ALL REGARDING ROSTER CORRUPTION within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
WARNING TO ALL REGARDING ROSTER CORRUPTION

Just a heads up to all that this years game the rosters are subject to some serious corruption. I just spent the last 2 weeks editing my rosters (In game not an external roster editor) only to start a season and find that for some strange reason the schedule reverted back to out of the box which was incorrect and fixed in roster update #1. Through trial and error and by backing up my roster and deleting all NHL14 files and starting from scratch I learned ithe issue was in my roster save file. However I think the solution if this happens is simple. I loaded the corrupted file and made a simple change to one of the lines and saved it as a new roster file. Started a season and somehow the schedule is now right. I did lose all my goalie gear edits which happened twice now, but I would rather fix those then have to start from scratch. It appears some others have had some weird roster problems as well. Good luck all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

Re: WARNING TO ALL REGARDING ROSTER CORRUPTION

Well. I know all about weird things happening. I suggest a. don't save your roster so often (I was saving ALOT) b. stick with one roster, don't download a new one from ea and take your caps from the f/a pool. And c. make sure game is patched and up to date, then do your rosters, don't try editing half the roster before the patch and half after it.

trying to use the same roster over different game versions,different tuner versions, and different roster updates is just asking for trouble.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Well now I have a new problem which was your old problem. All my CAPS are a 48 with 66 across the board. Im just totally losing interest in this game not because of bad gameplay which I finally seem to have at a decent playable level but because the bugs are out of control. Its like sabotage. I feel really bad for these guys that are working hard making the Revamped or Ultimate Rosters because if this happens to their file its as good as garbage. It was annoying enough to have to go back and edit all my goalies but to have to do all my CAPS over and maybe have the same thing happen again? I think not.
Heres a recap of things that can go wrong with your roster for no understandable reason:
Game Schedule reverts back to out of the box incorrect one.
CAPS all become 48 overall with 66 at every rating.
Edited Goalie gear reverts to original out of the box gear.
Never had this happen in previous NHL titles maybe its from the Dynamic Rating Update? Maybe somehow it screws up created players because there is nothing to base an increase or decrease off of so it sets it to this strange rating were seeing. That would be just like EA to not see that coming
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

yeah this is a new problem. I did the same thing with my rosters last year and did the same thing with patches/tuners. So it's new to 14. I did however have all my goalie gear revert to the wrong stuff once my gm mode started last 2 years previous......
Old 10-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6

The Revamped team hasn't noticed anything like this yet, and I would guess we are probably have done a larger quantity of edits in ours, as we have actually gone so far as to hide every player in the euro leagues temporarily, on top of complete depth chart overhauls. We are using a beta version of NHLview though, so I am wondering if this is just something that occurs due to edits in game?

Also, I am curious if it does have to do with the Dynamic Ratings. I would suggest double checking your settings to ensure that is off. We will definitely keep an eye out to see if we can figure out what could be causing it, we just haven't ran into anything like this yet. We also keep an archive of every version of the save we have, so if it occurs, we should be able to check our internal changelog and see what changes we made that could have potentially caused the issue. If we run into it fortunately we would only have to fall back no further than a days work as we keep every version archived though. Hopefully we can help you guys figure out what causes it.
NHL13 - http://goo.gl/Gmb9sf

CYCLONIAC'S MUSIC PACK - http://goo.gl/oPQtZt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Never had either happen to me and I have more than 100 created and edited players to this point. I keep just one roster file since I don't play online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »