Home

NHL 14 Revamped Attribute Suggestion Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Revamped Attribute Suggestion Thread within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Revamped Attribute Suggestion Thread

Sounds like a solid basis, but I can tell you without a doubt that any player in the 90s is going to crush people way too often. When I was done I didn't have a single player over 88 and I still had several guys I wanted to tune down because they were just destroying everyone they came in contact with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #26
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Sounds like a solid basis, but I can tell you without a doubt that any player in the 90s is going to crush people way too often. When I was done I didn't have a single player over 88 and I still had several guys I wanted to tune down because they were just destroying everyone they came in contact with.
Yeah I will definitely try to tone some of the guys down. I'll talk to the rest of the revamped team and see what they think. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

I think the real problem with the hitting is the fact that no players actually brace for hits. It's almost as if every big hit somehow catches the players off guard. I hit Chara the other day with Clarkson and sent him flying. Now normally if someone gets hit when not expecting it, the hit could be big and definitely destroy the player, but Chara was skating towards me with the puck and I hit him dead in the chest. Now normally if Chara were to see someone coming at him directly he would brace for the hit, but it really looked like he didn't even see Clarkson coming. I think that has more to do with the hits than anything, and that is the lack of awareness of other players on the ice.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #28
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I don't think so. You don't want less hits, you just wants less hits that send guys flying and look like highlight reels. I actually experimented with this pretty extensively. I edited every played on Anaheim through Dallas to have lower checking ability (the really big hitters topped out at like 86 and the average, not overly physical forward had around a 77). I actually INCREASED a lot of players aggressiveness attribute, based by looking at every team's players' hit totals from the last couple of seasons. I then played multiple games against the CPU. Initially I only had the CPU aggression slider at 4 and while the size of my collisions was much more realistic (lots of bumps, small tumbles, etc.) I out hit the game badly and they didn't register a realistic number of hits. After a few games with the same results, I upped the CPU aggression to maximum. Now the hits are toned down a bit, but the hitting is even and games end with hit totals in the neighborhood of 25 vs 32, etc.

I will say, however, that even with a maximum of 86ish for the bigger hitters, the big hits are still a bit too frequent (still much noticeably less than before) so I am probably going to go back through and knock everyone down another 2 points, making my top hitters around 84/85 and the average guys who aren't known for laying people out around 75-77. Obviously, I'll use the entire range in between as well, depending on the player.
very wild cause when i play with Cpu Aggression on high....the hits are redic! touch you and you go flying....guess its different for diff people

cause Aggression FOR SURE tones down the SIZE of hits for me while keeping th same amount of hits in the game

not sure, but i dig it

BTW im talking about the Slider mostly, NOT attributes, yall got that down
Old 10-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Well... that hasn't been my experience. There's sliders for hitting power and sliders for aggression. Since hitting power is addressed on it's own, it only really makes sense that aggression dictates behavior more. Then again, this is EA.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #30
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

a few Tampa Bay changes. Tyler Johnson should be a sniper, Pierre-Cedric Labrie should be a tough guy and Nate Thompson should be a grinder with a lot lower shot accuracy. He has a handful of goals in his career but his shot accuracy is in the 80's???
Old 10-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Working on an alternative more with ea style of ratings but I'm in for helping u guys as well with the realistic attributes

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Yeah I will definitely try to tone some of the guys down. I'll talk to the rest of the revamped team and see what they think. Thanks for the advice.
I have the editor... So I m in for helping

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »