Home

w/ NHL:LE's shutdown soon, any way to d/l official roster updates?

This is a discussion on w/ NHL:LE's shutdown soon, any way to d/l official roster updates? within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2022, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
w/ NHL:LE's shutdown soon, any way to d/l official roster updates?

The Better Than EA roster updates are great, but as a Stars fan, the latest official NHL: Legacy Edition rosters will always hold a special place in my heart (I'm a Stars fan and they happened to be really good that year). With the servers shutting down in a couple of months, these rosters will become much harder to get.

I feel like there used to be a way to download them online, through EA's site even, but all their NHL 16 pages direct to the home support page, and Legacy Edition/last-gen 16 isn't even listed on their games list.

I do have the rosters in 360 format, but my 360's on its last legs and only works sporadically, so I'd really like to have that roster file (specifically, EA's official Roster Update #8 for Legacy Edition) in PS3 format. Does anyone know where I could even get my hands on something like that? Is any kind-hearted saint with a PS3 and the Legacy Edition disc willing to upload Roster Update #8?

Or, failing that, does anyone know if/how I could convert the 360 roster file into PS3 format? I've seen quite a bit of stuff on how to convert PS3 to 360, but less about 360 to PS3.

If anyone can help me out, they'll have my eternal gratitude.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2022, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Re: w/ NHL:LE's shutdown soon, any way to d/l official roster updates?

I checked my 360 and I don't seem to have the roster update and my 360 doesn't connect to the internet. Fortunately, you can convert NHL: LE from 360 to Ps3 and vise versa. Takes a few programs but, it can be done!
Old 03-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncicfan77
Is any kind-hearted saint with a PS3 and the Legacy Edition disc willing to upload Roster Update #8?
How would you know that it was roster update 8? I don't recall them ever being numbered.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
How would you know that it was roster update 8? I don't recall them ever being numbered.
IIRC the only place I've actually seen them numbered is on the Download Rosters screen, where you select which update you want to download. At least that's the case on 360, dunno about PS3. But I've never seen them numbered like that anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers9911
I checked my 360 and I don't seem to have the roster update and my 360 doesn't connect to the internet. Fortunately, you can convert NHL: LE from 360 to Ps3 and vise versa. Takes a few programs but, it can be done!
If 360 -> PS3 works with Horizon & Brute Force, I'll definitely be giving it a try! Sounds like the answer I was hoping for. For some reason I was thinking it could only convert PS3 -> 360, so this is great news, thanks so much! Now I can forever ogle at Benn/Seguin's ratings in their prime, crank up Roope Hintz's potential and live in an alternate reality where this puck gets an extra millimeter in Game 7 2OT against the Blues. An alternate reality where the Stars aren't in position to jump to the #3 pick and draft Heiska, but compromises must be made after all. Really grateful, thanks again!
Old 03-07-2022, 11:40 PM   #5
Rookie

rangers9911's Arena

Quote:
If 360 -> PS3 works with Horizon & Brute Force, I'll definitely be giving it a try! Sounds like the answer I was hoping for. For some reason I was thinking it could only convert PS3 -> 360, so this is great news, thanks so much! Now I can forever ogle at Benn/Seguin's ratings in their prime, crank up Roope Hintz's potential and live in an alternate reality where this puck gets an extra millimeter in Game 7 2OT against the Blues. An alternate reality where the Stars aren't in position to jump to the #3 pick and draft Heiska, but compromises must be made after all. Really grateful, thanks again!
Should work without an issue. I used to convert ps3 to 360 and vise versa. Good luck and happy hunting...and I hope you find comfort in that alternate reality :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2022, 12:49 AM   #6
Rookie

I've been trying to get current rosters for RPCS3 but legitimately cannot make Bruteforce Save Data work at all despite several tutorials and someone in another thread trying to give me instructions.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambanana
I've been trying to get current rosters for RPCS3 but legitimately cannot make Bruteforce Save Data work at all despite several tutorials and someone in another thread trying to give me instructions.
I had to make sure I was running BFSD in Administrator Mode, and, very importantly, had to add an entry for NHL Legacy to the games.conf file in BFSD's installation folder (if you open that file in a txt editor, you'll see it has entries for all the NHL games up to 15, but not Legacy, so you just have to add it at the bottom). Before I did that, the Decrypt PFD option was greyed out and I couldn't decrypt the roster file.

Just on the .0001% chance the games.conf issue happens to be your problem, this is what you should copy/paste into the file (at the bottom on a new line, for simplicity's sake):

Code:
; "NHL® Legacy Edition"
[BLUS31540]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=45415F53504F5254535F4E484C313600
If the roster save you're trying to install (the folder with SYSDATA and PARAM.SFO inside it) isn't named BLUS315400200, that _might_ also be an issue, not certain about that though. BLUS31540 is obviously the game's ID, and then the last four numbers are different depending on the type of save. The game uses 0200 for rosters, and so the first rosters saved will be BLUS315400200, the second will be 0201, and so on. I sorta remember reading where a guy was having issues because he was trying to install rosters with a suffix of 0202, i.e. the third roster save of the guy who uploaded them, but the guy who downloaded them didn't have any other roster files, so the game was getting confused by the 0202 since it expects to find a 0200 and 0201 first. Take all that with a grain of salt, just something I vaguely remember
Old 03-17-2022, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
games.conf file in BFSD's installation folder (if you open that file in a txt editor, you'll see it has entries for all the NHL games up to 15, but not Legacy
This does not appear to be true. I don't find anything searching for "nhl" or "blus" in the file. Adding the lines at the end you suggested doesn't seem to make sense given the file is all html but adding it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

The program doesn't appear to detect anything anymore. Before the roster file at least appeared in the program with its image and everything. Dealing with this broken program is a complete nightmare and I'm just going to give up. My experience attempting to use it does not match what anybody tells me is supposed to happen. It almost feels like a massive troll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »