Home

**mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders**

This is a discussion on **mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders** within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: **mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders**

I've been outshot in every game, and they look very realistic to me. I actually won (as boston) vs atlanta (cpu) 6-5. crazy game, especially in the 3rd.

what i've been doing is updating my lines (i'm only playing for fun type of games now) and the key is spreading out your players to cover the pp and pk lines. fatigue isn't as bad. i've only had time to fix 5 teams, but the ones i've done i see that fatigue is critical, but not overly done.

i'm sticking with the set on post 1 for now, as those are pretty solid (for my style).
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #34
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

I had to raise pass reception slider to 1.
Seemed to have too many passes being mis-handled, especially when on the power play the puck would hop over the D-man's stick at the blueline too much.
I tried hitting power at 1 but didnt't like it so I went back to 0.
The pass intercept slider at 0 creates some good scoring chances both ways.
I kinda want to try upping pass speed to 2 and see what that does. Saucer pass speed might have to come up a click too. Still seems hard to get the puck over a defender's stick, although if it happened too much it wouldn't seem right. Just looking for that good balance.
Everything else seems real good. finally won a game with these!!
I beat the Leafs as Montreal 6-3 (my 5th and 6th goals were empty netters)
I went up 2-0 early in the first. They made it 2-1, then 3-1 me. Then 3-2, 4-2, and 4-3 until my empty netters.
2 goal leads are dangerous in the NHL and this game was proof. Everytime I had a 2 goal lead they would comeback to cut it to 1.
One concern.....when I started my game today I was asked to download a tuner update. Seemed to make the game play a lot faster.
Did anyone else notice this?

Last edited by BleacherCreature; 09-09-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only tweaks I made are

increase pass reception ease to 1 for human and decrease face-offs diff to 4 because I suck at them. very good sliders

thumbs up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #36
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4

Nice work on tackling sliders, its def an love not glory thing to do, so kudos man.

I would just like to start by saying it really is kind of refreshing tackling sliders out of the box trying to fine tune game play and not FIX gaping holes in AI or game play. Great job EA.

Here are my stats from a game last night using your sliders in play now

TOR(CPU) STL
2-3
Shots: 28 22
Hits: 9 18
FaceOwon: 21 15
TOA: 7:02 5:13
PP: 0/3 1/4

Personal Notes:
I pretty much got the type of game I expected with these two teams, it was a war of attrition between two teams just not quite there yet, and thats how it played out. Scoring chances where not abundant, and when they did present them selves it felt right. It felt like "wow", I might not get a chance like that again instead of "Ill just make it happen next rush down ice" for both sides. I liked how most things played out. My only caveats would be tweaking passing, the PP were a little clunky because of it but thats something that each user needs to figure out for themselves based on their own skill IMO and finding that "sweet spot" as far as fatigue and fatigue recovery.

Overall I think you are right there man, great job for such an early slider set my friend. I will play around with some more diverse match ups and report back with results.

Thanks for your effort and time doing this as always.
And thanks to EA for making the game play something to fine tune and not fix via sliders!

PS: As a Blues fan, I hope Halak steals games like this quite often this season. Go Blues!
Missouri Tigers
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Sounders Liverpool FC

Last edited by xx19kilosoldier; 09-10-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just tried these sliders out, here are my results:

I play BeAGM as Toronto.

Tor(Me) Vs Van(CPU)
Goals: 4 vs 2
Shots: 26 vs 16
Hits: 16 vs 14
Faceoffs: 12 vs 19
TOA: 7:44 vs 2:59
PM: 2:00 vs 4:00
PP: 1/2 vs 1/1

Overall i am not sure what to think, i need a few more games with them to properly give an assessment. At this point they seem pretty decent, though i'm not sure about the fatigue and game speed yet. I had to really contain Vancouver's offense, because i found it very difficult to stop them. I got lucky on a lot of bounces, but my physical Dmen were able to contain them fairly well. Ill go play a few more and post some results.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #38
Rookie

Ok so here is my second game with these sliders, it sucked plain and simple.

Tor(Me) Vs NSH(CPU)
Goals: 7 vs 4
Shots: 37 vs 14
Hits: 17 vs 12
Faceoffs: 18 vs 22
TOA: 9:22 vs 4:43
PM: 4:00 vs 12:00
PP: 2/6 vs 1/2

I dominated this entire game easily, Nashville didn't do anything good all game, hardly any shots at all. Yet they still scored on practically any good chance it seemed. They tied it up with a minute to go in the third, then i exploded for a couple more goals and an empty netter.

I'm not sure why my results are so much different than everyone else's here. I'll play one more game with these to determine if this was a fluke game or not.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #39
Rookie

Ok and this is my final game, results no better.

Tor(Me) Vs NJ(CPU)
Goals: 1 vs 2 (Shootout)
Shots: 33 vs 16
Hits: 24 vs 19
Faceoffs: 17 vs 19
TOA: 8:29 vs 2:45
PM: 8:00 vs 8:00
PP: 0/4 vs 1/4

I dont get it, the CPU doesn't really present much of a challenge all game long. I dominate from start to finish, just couldn't really score against Brodeur at all.

I wonder if it has to do with the new tuner set? I started my BeAGM before the latest tuner set came out, so maybe that is why my results are off?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #40
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

If it's the tuner set that came out I think yesterday then I would agree with you. Things seem off since then.
The game seems more helter skelter than 2 days ago, and I don't mean that in a good way.
I'm going to go back to the tuner before this newest one and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »