Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #97
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

Sigh,.....

Not only the above,....here`s another one,....

take your goalie and try to move him wide while being well out of the paint,.......out at the hash marks you can`t get wide enough if you really want to challenge the shooter on the wide shot.....there`s a restrictive bubble that is too small,.....hell,you can`t even get your goalie too far out of position to get into too much trouble......this is not good,....a bigger bubble would penalize sloppy movement.

Try doing this in paddle down.....you`ll have to get outside the paint to go into paddle down though,...but do it,and then try moving around the total area you can do it in,......well,......it`s horrible.

I`m stoning the cpu on SS difficulty,my sliders,with my raw rookie, 70 rated butterfly goalie......just by using butterfly and the Ljoystick,......no imagination,no challenge,no risk,no fun.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #98
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Might have solved the issue of Super Star game play difficulty for Season,BaGM modes.
Still in testing,but I`ll update when it`s ready for public consumption.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
I`m sorry,but..... I`m having huge issues with the goalie controls and glitches involved in the paddle down stance.

WHY CAN`T I PADDLE DOWN POST HUG?

Why do I have to get on my feet to go paddle down,when I`m already in BUTTERFLY stance?

WHY DO MY LEGS KEEP KICKING OUT?

WHY CAN I ONLY GO INTO THE FLAWED PADDLE DOWN WHILE OUTSIDE THE PAINT?

WHY DO I HAVE TO USE THAT 1950`s POST HUG?

This is making BaP goalie pretty much a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

The way human goalies are forced into using the VH is horrible,as is going into that horrible 1950`s post hug.

ALSO,.....he way the VH technique and the 1950`s style post hug end up being used way too much by the cpu goalies as default moves,they conflict and I`ve seen exploit goals as a result of it because the goalies start going through about 3 different stances for no reason and by then they`ve been scored on.

The NHL11 control scheme worked great,and it actually felt somewhat intuitive in how you could move and get into the different stances.....now it`s just plain borked.

I`ve submitted an idea to rememdy this,made posts about this issue,.....very little,nay,...I say,.....I HAVEN`T SEEN ANY SUPPORT,REPLIES,....nothing!
I can`t be the only goalie to see this is no good.

And if they can give you the option of using NHL`94 controls, then they can do something about this.

RANT OVER!
I figured this would be the appropriate comment to quote lol. Sorry you're having so much difficulty with minor things becoming major problems. I would test in Goalie Mode, but I'm not a big fan of it really (shocker?). I tried to get into it last year, but it just never peaked my interest. I like going around, shooting the puck, or managing the team more.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #100
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Posted some tweaks I made yesterday,.....

Take a look and give them a try.

Fatigue recovery at 2/2 was still too high,dropped it to 1/1( I think this is what worked best in NHL11 too),..lines would recover too fast and 4th line still wasn`t getting used enough,...and lines could still stretch out their shifts to 3+ minutes of game time.
It`s not perfect,but about the best I can get right now.
I`m wanting to see shifts of a minute for the forwards,....and lines that aren`t fully recovered having to be used.

Normal shot speed,.....trying 4/3 ....this is experimantal,just trying to even out the game vs the cpu a bit.......as the cpu can fire off it`s shots at max speed instantaneously,and humans have to "load up" for high powered shots,...for playing vs the cpu on SS or AS,this might even the playing field.
I`ll be testing to make sure the cpu`s shot speeds ARE fair and not under-tuned to gain an advantage.
It`s similar to the goalie reaction speeds,...a human controlled goalie is handicapped speed-wise compared to the cpu goalies,......as well as being handicapped in their ability to even move in the most basic ways a goalie moves in real life.

This is all under review constantly,until all the game play fixes are made,and hopefully human goalie controls and abilities too.

Hitting was weak at 0/0,so it was increased to 1/1
....although the hip checks weren`t quite as bad...LOL..I think......it needed the little boost.I`m still going to try and tune this area but try a few different tactics.

Goalie passing bumped up to 4 - this is the default setting,...the previous setting at 3 was more just to be conservative till I could see how the cpu goalies were doing.......still keeping an eye on this and will adjust as necessary.
Goalie cover puck bumped up to 2 (manual cover )- still experimenting with all of this,it`s acting a little different than last year with the manual/auto option playing some role in the difference in how it`s working.

Penalties - everything jacked,everything on authentic,.....there is a need for penalties to be tuned by EA,in a patch or tuner.
Not enough variety,...and a lack of calls on many things......it`s just not working right.......and can you say HIP CHECK?

All I can think of right now,......check back again soon.

I`m still monitoring a possible adjustment that made playing the cpu on Super Star, in Season mode/BaGM mode/Playoffs, a better likelyhood.

I`m still testing and might be able to even offer 2 or 3 varying degrees of "intensity" without feeling like your getting a-raped by the cpu,...with a sandpaper condom and blasting grit for lubricant.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #101
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
Posted some tweaks I made yesterday,.....

Take a look and give them a try.

Fatigue recovery at 2/2 was still too high,dropped it to 1/1( I think this is what worked best in NHL11 too),..lines would recover too fast and 4th line still wasn`t getting used enough,...and lines could still stretch out their shifts to 3+ minutes of game time.
It`s not perfect,but about the best I can get right now.
I`m wanting to see shifts of a minute for the forwards,....and lines that aren`t fully recovered having to be used.

Normal shot speed,.....trying 4/3 ....this is experimantal,just trying to even out the game vs the cpu a bit.......as the cpu can fire off it`s shots at max speed instantaneously,and humans have to "load up" for high powered shots,...for playing vs the cpu on SS or AS,this might even the playing field.
I`ll be testing to make sure the cpu`s shot speeds ARE fair and not under-tuned to gain an advantage.
It`s similar to the goalie reaction speeds,...a human controlled goalie is handicapped speed-wise compared to the cpu goalies,......as well as being handicapped in their ability to even move in the most basic ways a goalie moves in real life.

This is all under review constantly,until all the game play fixes are made,and hopefully human goalie controls and abilities too.

Hitting was weak at 0/0,so it was increased to 1/1 ....although the hip checks weren`t quite as bad...LOL..I think......it needed the little boost.I`m still going to try and tune this area but try a few different tactics.

Goalie passing bumped up to 4 - this is the default setting,...the previous setting at 3 was more just to be conservative till I could see how the cpu goalies were doing.......still keeping an eye on this and will adjust as necessary.
Goalie cover puck bumped up to 2 (manual cover )- still experimenting with all of this,it`s acting a little different than last year with the manual/auto option playing some role in the difference in how it`s working.

Penalties - everything jacked,everything on authentic,.....there is a need for penalties to be tuned by EA,in a patch or tuner.
Not enough variety,...and a lack of calls on many things......it`s just not working right.......and can you say HIP CHECK?

All I can think of right now,......check back again soon.

I`m still monitoring a possible adjustment that made playing the cpu on Super Star, in Season mode/BaGM mode/Playoffs, a better likelyhood.

I`m still testing and might be able to even offer 2 or 3 varying degrees of "intensity" without feeling like your getting a-raped by the cpu,...with a sandpaper condom and blasting grit for lubricant.
Yeah, I'll give these adjustments a try in the 3rd and final game of the Stanley Cup Finals. We put on a good show in game 1, and New Jersey turned the tide in game 2, so now the series is tied 1-1, and game 3 is all that seperates me or them from the Stanley Cup.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #102
Pro

MAN! What a game... and it's a pain for me because we lost the Stanley Cup.... in OVERTIME, off a ridiculous snap shot that I swear my goalie should've gotten.... But still, it was a great game to watch.

Congratulations to the New Jersey Devils, your Stanley Cup Champions of (I forget what year I'm in in my GM mode....)!!! This loss will just make me want to get back to the Stanley Cup Finals again next year, and hopefully next year we can win it all!!!

Statiscally speaking, time on attack was almost equal between the two teams. Neither team converted a PP, New Jersey had one breakaway that they were rather lucky to get. We outshot the Devils 45-30 (we had 4 PP opportunities), and we got outhit 7-6. The Devils won the game 3-2.

I'm speechless, I just watched my team lose the Stanley Cup Finals.... lol.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #103
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

the sliders are playing very nicely. i entered the sliders exactly as you have them except i don't have injuries on (i never have them on in any sports game) and i lowered the game speed to 2.

i could keep up with the speed set to 3, but i didn't want to end up with carpal tunnel syndrome.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #104
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagledan
the sliders are playing very nicely. i entered the sliders exactly as you have them except i don't have injuries on (i never have them on in any sports game) and i lowered the game speed to 2.

i could keep up with the speed set to 3, but i didn't want to end up with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Actually,...I have been experimenting with 2 and don`t mind it.....I might have missed adding that to the last update I made.....I`m checking right now...I made a note by it,....but I just switched it to 2 on the first page.

There might be a few other minor changes to check out......

I`m sort of just working on the AI and aggression sliders right now,...just tinkering trying to figure them out to get the best tuning out of them.

Please support my "rant..LOL...about goalie controls,movement,bug fixes......every bit of support is needed to get this in the patch.

I`m getting more video material to help argue the case,....I have one already,....exposing the 1950`s geezer post hug.
I`ll have more with other issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »