Home

AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #81
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

Well I decided to put NHL in once again. There's things I don't like about it and other things that are great. Sadly I have hardly played this game because the Negatives outweigh the positives IMO. Anywho I got the rosters all set up as well as the sliders and I had two very good games. The pressure is good from the CPU. Sure the easy entry is still there but the slower speed takes that away a little bit I think. The CPU players have more time to react when you take the puck in the zone and go immediately to the slot. It's forced me to set up play a little bit more. I still dislike how this game is so North South but that's nothing sliders will ever be able to fix.

Anyway AlTito good job on the sliders. Hopefully it will be able to keep my interest. Your sliders definitely won't be the problem if I do lose interest though. I think it's just the combination of the lockout and the fact that some of the same problems from past years are still in the game.

One thing I noticed from the first two games is that there was only a total of 3 penalties called. All 3 were against the CPU. I don't know if it's 1.06 or what but it's very strange. For the few games I played with 1.05 when it came out I was getting a perfect amount of calls. Anyway should I switch back to 1.05? Thanks and once again good job on the sliders.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #82
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesth66
hi altito13 1 question your setting is it good in be a pro mode too thank
I didn't test the sliders in be a pro mode yet, but I'm pretty sure they are also working well in that mode. I don't really see why it would not be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
One thing I noticed from the first two games is that there was only a total of 3 penalties called. All 3 were against the CPU. I don't know if it's 1.06 or what but it's very strange. For the few games I played with 1.05 when it came out I was getting a perfect amount of calls. Anyway should I switch back to 1.05? Thanks and once again good job on the sliders.
I think 1.06 is the best tuner so far and I don't really have problem getting penalties from the CPU team or CPU teammates. The number of penalties varies from game to game though, so I would recommend to continue using 1.06 for at least a few games and see if you see any improvement in that area.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Al,

Quick Question....

Love the sliders but I was wondering.....How does the Penalty Scaling slider work? What does 0 do.....what does 5 or 6 due for actual penalty time compared to clock time?

Just wanna know which way to move it cause I feel like penalties last too long IMO.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #84
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

When the penalty time scaling slider is high, penalties are longer and when at 0, it's actual period time. For example, when playing with 10 minutes periods, with scaling at 0 penalites last about 1 minute, with scaling at 3 they last around 1:30 and with scaling at 6 it's about 2 minutes. This is only an approximation, but it works that way.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #85
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Any changes to these? Think I'll plug these in later tonight as I've been quite bored with the game as of late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #86
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

I made some changes to the sliders since the last time I posted them here. I was still having good results, but wanted to get a better challenge from the CPU, since I was getting used to the game, it was getting easier. I will update them in the first post of the thread.

Here are the details... I lowered attribute effects from 5 to 3, increased all 3 CPU shooting accuracies by 1 to match human values and finally lowered both poke effectiveness by 1. This last change really helped the CPU in time on attack, because it was a bit too easy for the user to poke the puck away from AI players.

I'm still trying different things regarding game speed, human pass reception ease and goalie reaction speed, but no change is imminent with the sliders right now.

Merry Christmas to all and have fun!

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 12-28-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #87
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Still loving these sliders, I made a couple of adjustments and boom, perfection. Easily my favorite set here.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #88
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Thanks Orion for the good feedback!

By the way, I just updated the first post with some pretty minor tweaks to reflect exactly what I'm using right now.

Everything is pretty fine for me, the game is playing great and my sliders have been stable for the last couple of months now.

However, I keep messing with two sliders and still can't really decide once and for all which values I like the most: Attribute effects between 5 and 3, and also Goalie reaction speed between 2 and 3.

I'll continue testing it in the next few days and maybe some feedbacks about these two sliders specifically would also be interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »