Home

AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Haven't tried these yet but does the pass assist have to be at 0 for realistic results? Your passing was around 50% in both games and that's typically where mine is when I use 0. I usually bump it up to 1 or 2 to get my passing more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

I think the passing % is a bit altered by how the game actually counts it, because I do a lot of dumping or cycling using the pass button, and I'm pretty sure the game counts it as a missed pass. The CPU doesn't do that kind of things, they always use shots to dump.

I think pass assist at 0 helps a lot to get a sloppy gameplay and more loose pucks, but I'm pretty sure you could increase the pass assist slider. However, you will also have to lower pass accuracy to 1 (or even 0) and probably also pass reception ease to 1 to get something realistic.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-15-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Rookie

SabresFan09's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone found any good gameplay sliders for be a pro mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Some changes made to the sliders in the first post of the thread. Still loving the game and getting great results.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2

How're your penalties? I remember that the patch and tuners last year overwrote the 1.00 tuner somehow and the game played drastically different without it.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

I have two hard drives, one with the game out of the box (without the patch and tuners), and another one with all these things installed (to be able to play online). I have to say that the game out of the box plays a bit differently again this year, but really not as much as last year. When I play offline, I'm trying both settings right now to be able to compare them and I'll make a final choice between the two sooner than later. Concerning penalties, the problem occurs on both settings, there is a very little number of penalties called. Not very much to do about it unfortunately.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-23-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to say these sliders played a pretty good game on my first try. I was playing them with 9 minute periods and the shots were a little low (23-18 for me).

I was Toronto against Montreal in my Be A GM mode but I exited the game before I could get all the stats so I'll play a couple more games. The ones I remember were:

Toronto (Me) vs. Montreal (CPU)
4 -GOALS- 1 (One empty netter)
23 -SHOTS- 18
2/4 -POWERPLAY- 0/1 (One of the PP Goals was an empty netter)

I should add that the shots were 10-2 for me after the first, and in the second there was a noticeable momentum swing after a couple big saves from Price. There were a couple posts for each side and a couple huge saves for each side. Even though I won 4-1 the game still felt loose and like it could have gone either way if it weren't for a post or a bounce here or there. I definitely liked the puck battles I was seeing in the corners due to the low puck control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Game two. Toronto (Me) vs. Washington (CPU)

5 - Goals - 2
35 - Shots - 22
8 - Hits - 11
8:24 - Time on Attack - 5:01
54% - Passing - 78%
0:00 - Penalty Minutes - 6:00
2/3 - Powerplays - 0/0
14 - Faceoffs Won - 16
1 - Empty Net Goals - 0

I got scored on 41 seconds into this game, and from there the rest of the game seemed like a breeze. I was passing around at will and getting wide open shots in the slot. I could have had about 10 goals in this game if not for crazy saves and about 5 posts.

My main concern right now is that the power play seems almost too easy. In two games I'm now 4/6. It could have just been those games but I play umbrella power play and if I pass it around enough a d-man ALWAYS ends up wide open in the slot for a quick wrister top shelf (it could just work for me because Toronto has Liles, Gardiner, Phaneuf, and Franson who are all more than capable of firing a shot in on the powerplay).

The game still felt good but I was concerned with how easy it seemed to be to control the puck against the computer once I got used to its tendencies. I'm thinking I might tweak the CPU Difficulty slider a little bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »