Home

AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

I've been trying to come up with my own sliders, but it's just too much of a process. I'll try to give these a couple of test games tonight and post the stats.

On an unrelated note, I've noticed a LOT of changes between the tuners. On 1.00, I see a lot more saves made by the goalie that glances their glove - something I find to be really cool. It bothered me in other games when a shot to the glove side was either going to a) miss the net b) go in the net or c) be COUGHT by the goalie.

As far as penalties go, you should probably see an average of 3-4 with 10 minute periods. The NHL average was about 7.5 total penalties per game last year. One main goal of slider sets is to have realistic shot totals, which is generally fulfilled. Other things, such as penalties and hits (although they aren't counted properly anyway) won't be realistic numbers, in my opinion.

Sorry for the tangent, just some thoughts that I had. I'm looking forward to using your sliders tonight and I'll report back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2

Have you used these in Be a GM at all? There seem to be a lot of big hits and the game speed feels really really fast.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Have you re-entered every slider in your Be A GM and not only choose Current when starting it? That option doesn't work at all. If so, I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that you found the game that fast, because in fact, I lowered game speed by 1 compared to the original game settings. I've mostly played quick games though, Be A GM is probably a bit different. If you entered everything correctly, from what you said, you may try with game speed at 1 (instead of 2) and hitting power at 1 (instead of 2). It should make the game better for your liking.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Switched to tuner 1.04 from 1.00. Also made some changes to the sliders.

I tested it last night and liked what I saw from tuner 1.04. There was finally a good number of penalties called.

The gameplay seems good right now, so I hope EA won't touch to it too much going on. Only things I would like to see tuned or patched are:

- Tune down goalies anticipation / lateral movements speed / number of desperate saves.

Great passing plays are more difficult to make this year because of better defense, which is a good thing, but when we are able to make them, it should be pretty high percentage shots. Right now, when on a 2-on-1, it's pretty useless and irrelevant to try for a pass, because even if we beat the defenseman with the pass, which is not easy to do, the goalie will stop it almost every time. Every goalie in the game has superhuman anticipation and lateral movements this year and they also make a lot of desperate saves. These kinds of saves are pretty rare in real life and that explains the wow factor surrounding them, but in NHL 13, they happen every game, multiple times. This also can't be tuned with the goalie reaction speed slider, because the goalie will let in weak goals while still be great on passing plays and making desperate saves.

- Make CPU players use their sticks more and actually poke check the puck, what they almost never do right now.

- Make CPU players miss more passes.

- Correct some hits and hip checks where players can do a 360 in the air or go directly in the stands or pass through the board.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-30-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #29
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Looks like tuner 1.04 was pulled this morning, so I will have to go back to tuner 1.00.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-30-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Tuner 1.04 is available once again, so going back to it. I'm still loving tuner 1.00 though, it plays great. However, penalty issues are forcing me to switch to the new one.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-30-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Tuner 1.04 is available once again, so going back to it.
Al_Tito, are the 1st page sliders for tuner 1.04? It doesnīt say so but you updated them today so... i dont really know!

Thanks and congrats on your sliders they seem to be very appreciated here! Iīll test them tonight!

EDIT: Sorry, iīve seen itīs 1.04 now!

Last edited by nunogomes; 09-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Going to give these a shot but going to try it on 8 minutes first
Die hard Hockey fan!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »