Home

AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

Still some changes made to the sliders tonight, they are available in the first post. I tried a lot of things since the release of tuner 1.04, so it ultimately means changes to sliders. If you tried the sliders earlier and didn't like them, you may try them again because they are a bit different. And for those who already liked them, I'm pretty sure it will still be the case. Hope you guys have fun!

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey man I am using your sliders and I am certainly enjoying them right now. A lot more than other sliders and the new tuner is truly a godsend on its own.

But I seem to be struggling putting the puck into the net, I am aiming at goalie weakspots (Far post, blocker sides, etc.) but even though I get loads of shots on goal (Got like 40 sog against the Devil's but scored only once on a breakaway.)

I am not faulting your sliders, I am faulting my own skills at the game really. The defensive side is adequate, I lost 3-2 and 1-4 against the Devils with the Flyers in two season games, but like I said lots of shots but extremely tough if not hardly impossible to do so...

What are the spots you try to aim for when you are on the offense, how do you work the puck around and such? Would like some tips on how you play offense seeing you created the slider set.

Also I absolutely suck at saucer passes, they are either too soft and they get snatched away by the defense, or they are lasers who fly against the sideboards. I can't seem to get proper cross-crease saucers...

Any tips would be helpful, I am loving the rest of the sliders though.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #35
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Hey man! Good to know you are liking the sliders!

On offense, I have to say that I cycle the puck a lot around the boards and I adjust my custom AI according to my playing style. Cycling will eventually give you good scoring chances having CPU players trying to retain the puck, the chance that the slot or the point will then become open is higher.

I also try to vary my shots, since I think the goalie will adjust and know what's coming if you are always shooting to the same spot. Sometimes I go low for rebound or five hole goals, while other times I go high. Shots high glove side are more difficult this year (especially with the latest tuner), but are still possible, and stick side ones have no problem going in once in a while. Another good spot is middle net, between the pad and the arm.

I have to say though that goalies in the game are too good right now for my liking, especially on passing plays. They will steal you most of the time on perfect plays, which I don't like. It should only happen once in a while, really not this often. But like I said the other day, we can't really do anything about it with sliders, because if we lower goalie reaction speed, the goalie will let weak goals go in while still be great against passing. This week-end, I had to increase human pass accuracy, human pass reception ease and human one-timer accuracy, trying to get better results from one-timers and passing plays, but without much success. Goalie are just too good on these plays and doing a lot of desperate saves. Goalies will have to be corrected with a tuner or a patch, hope it's the case sooner than later.

Passing is really hard this year and I love it. You can't pass through 2 defensemen and still get rewarded anymore, you have to choose the right time to pass. And with pass assist at 0, it's even tougher. This is well done. However, I will repeat myself, when we are able to do these kind of plays, it should be pretty high percentage chances, but right now, it's nowhere near where it should be, because of goalies superhuman saves.

I still manage to score an average of 2.75-3.00 goals per game I would say, which means some shutouts and also some 2 or 4 goals games.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey dude thanks for the quick reply, I will certainly try to cycle the puck some more, I do tend to Ovechkin my way towards the goal and maybe cycling will be a bit more effective at drawing out goalies.

One problem I do seem to suffer when cycling the puck is that my defenders at the point tend to let passes slip backwards into the neutral zone at an alarming rate which either ends up in a dead attack or an opposing winger breaking out for a one on one chance.

Are those derps fixable with Custom AI? I haven't much looked into CAI but of course if it can help me cycle better and other good things then I would really need to start using it.

I don't know what team you are using, but I am using the Flyers like I said earlier. And maybe I could use your Custom scheme?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #37
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Just tried your sliders out after not playing the game for a couple weeks and knowing the new tuner came out. The game was almost unplayable for me before the penalty issue. I still have other issues but nothing can really be done about them. Anyway I fired up a game and put in your sliders and I had the best game I've played since I got the game on release day.

I was the Wild @ Canucks with some of my Custom AI changes as well. The only setting I changed was periods at 12 instead of the 8-10 you mentioned. I love longer games. Let's put it this way I felt like I was playing the Canucks. I just seemed like I was on my toes all game but I played great defense for the most part. I scored first on a great back door play, which was actually pretty shocking to score on one. Then Vancouver scored on a bad change, which I did not do manually. Both goals were scored in the first and 0 were scored in the 2nd. So it's 1-1 going to the 3rd. The second Canuck goal came on a puck that bounced over my d man's stick at the red line which turned into a breakaway. The goal was also another great example of the terrible goaltending system that is in the game. I wanted to record how bad it was but I didn't. My next goal was another example of poor goaltending as I shot one short side that Luongo stopped with his blocker but the puck bounced in the air, off his back and in. So all in all the goaltending evened everything out. The only difference is I gave up a much better chance on the 2nd goal being that it was a breakaway.

So the game went into OT and to be honest I don't know what the hell happened. Vancouver was killing me in chances and then suddenly I got a chance. Parise had the puck and I kind of split the d men but they knocked me off the puck. Well the puck hits Luongos stick and stays right in front of the net until Heatley picks it up with another Canuck player draped all over him. I then just jammed it home. Not exactly great goaltending once again but whatever. BTW Heatley got the Hatty.

Overall it felt great. As I said it felt like a Canucks vs. Wild game. The Canucks normally dominate play and it requires a little puck luck to score from the Wild because Vancouver is such a good puck posession team. It was just a really fun game. I'm going to keep playing with these sliders without changing anything because IMO the best way to see what sliders do is to play many games and not just one.

I really don't have any problems that I saw with the set. The only problem is the goalies, which is something that no slider set will come close to fixing. The tuner on the other hand really feels like the CPU aggressiveness got turned up a notch. It was an extremely welcomed surprise. Vancouver was all over me when I would touch the puck so cycling and actually having to move the puck will be necessary to score. I'm actually really digging everything through one game. I'll try and play again tomorrow against the Blue Jackets or someone not as skilled to see what kind of game that plays. Overall though great set and thanks for sharing. Hopefully this can allow me to get into this game again.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 10-02-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deknegt
One problem I do seem to suffer when cycling the puck is that my defenders at the point tend to let passes slip backwards into the neutral zone at an alarming rate which either ends up in a dead attack or an opposing winger breaking out for a one on one chance.

Are those derps fixable with Custom AI? I haven't much looked into CAI but of course if it can help me cycle better and other good things then I would really need to start using it.
Everyone has a different style of play, so experiments with Custom AI is necessary. It helps a lot and can really make a difference. Your problem with your defensemen may be coming from a lot of things, but I would say to check the defensemen strategies first, where you can change pintch/hold the line and shoot/cycle for each defensive pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Overall it felt great. As I said it felt like a Canucks vs. Wild game. The Canucks normally dominate play and it requires a little puck luck to score from the Wild because Vancouver is such a good puck posession team. It was just a really fun game. I'm going to keep playing with these sliders without changing anything because IMO the best way to see what sliders do is to play many games and not just one.

I really don't have any problems that I saw with the set. The only problem is the goalies, which is something that no slider set will come close to fixing. The tuner on the other hand really feels like the CPU aggressiveness got turned up a notch. It was an extremely welcomed surprise. Vancouver was all over me when I would touch the puck so cycling and actually having to move the puck will be necessary to score. I'm actually really digging everything through one game. I'll try and play again tomorrow against the Blue Jackets or someone not as skilled to see what kind of game that plays. Overall though great set and thanks for sharing. Hopefully this can allow me to get into this game again.
Great complete feedback Bwiggy! Happy to know you liked your game with the sliders and I really hope it continues that way for you. Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #39
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Everyone has a different style of play, so experiments with Custom AI is necessary. It helps a lot and can really make a difference. Your problem with your defensemen may be coming from a lot of things, but I would say to check the defensemen strategies first, where you can change pintch/hold the line and shoot/cycle for each defensive pairing.
100% correct! I can't really express enough how important the Custom AI is. IMO it's more important than the sliders themselves. The custom AI is what is going to separate teams. For whoever is looking for a more realistic experience adjusting Custom AI is a must. To me this is what saved the game for me. Without it I would have traded in the game probably after release day. I even think it's a better feature than the skating. I also believe this is the best form of separating the game from the Casuals and the more sim. The casuals most likely won't touch the feature and the custom AI really helps you create that more sim experience. Just a huge addition. They just need to add a few more options. One of them being a slider for defensive aggressiveness when the opposing team enters the zone, or what I call "easy entry."
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 10-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #40
Pro

Al_Tito13's Arena

I made changes to the sliders in the first post, mainly concerning all shot accuracy and pass accuracy sliders, but other things as well.

And since I don't like what I see from the goalies, I'm also doing tests right now with goalie reaction speed at 2 instead of 3. Tuner 1.04 is great, but goalies are so overpowered on that tuner when using hardcore sliders trying to reflect the real game, it's not even funny. So, don't be surprised if goalie reaction speed is lowered sooner than later in my sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »