Home

Help Me Close the Floodgates!

This is a discussion on Help Me Close the Floodgates! within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2
Help Me Close the Floodgates!

Normally, I never use any sliders of any kind with this game, just because ever since I started playing the series way back in 2002, having the level set at "rookie" all the way up to "All-Star" where I am now, I've been able to have relatively competitive and realistic games (at least from my persepctive). In this edition, and only recently have I come across this, but I have only been able to score myself by roofing one from the point. However.... The game has no trouble shooting the lights out from wherever they please and the goals go by in buckets. I'm a stats man in this game, so it concerns me when 5 games in, Ryan Miller can't go 5 shots without letting in at least 2 goals, on weak shots. His SV % after 5 games? 70%. It doesn't matter what I do defensively, all the game has to do is a simple reach deke and wrist one up and it's time to cele. Please someone direct me to some kind of slider that is going to make more 3-2 or 2-1 games, because I'm getting tired of spotting the CPU 5 goals a game.

Also, anybody know how I can fix my fan volume problem? I have that slider turned all the way up and it still sounds like I'm listening into the sounds of a beer league game.

Someone please help me

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
Rookie

phantomrecon's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help Me Close the Floodgates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Normally, I never use any sliders of any kind with this game, just because ever since I started playing the series way back in 2002, having the level set at "rookie" all the way up to "All-Star" where I am now, I've been able to have relatively competitive and realistic games (at least from my persepctive). In this edition, and only recently have I come across this, but I have only been able to score myself by roofing one from the point. However.... The game has no trouble shooting the lights out from wherever they please and the goals go by in buckets. I'm a stats man in this game, so it concerns me when 5 games in, Ryan Miller can't go 5 shots without letting in at least 2 goals, on weak shots. His SV % after 5 games? 70%. It doesn't matter what I do defensively, all the game has to do is a simple reach deke and wrist one up and it's time to cele. Please someone direct me to some kind of slider that is going to make more 3-2 or 2-1 games, because I'm getting tired of spotting the CPU 5 goals a game.

Also, anybody know how I can fix my fan volume problem? I have that slider turned all the way up and it still sounds like I'm listening into the sounds of a beer league game.

Someone please help me

/rant
For the volume, turn down every other volume other than the crowd to 1, and have the crowd volume maxed. Then turn up your TV or stereo volume until you can hear everything. The crowd should be nice and loud. You may also want to download Cycloniac's music pack to add more realistic sounds to the game and more atmosphere.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...usic-pack.html

...maybe a better receiver and speakers too? (kidding)

As for the goalies...you're definitely going to need to make some slider changes. Here's what I recommend to get the goalie to stop more pucks. It's a combination of sliders changes taken directly from my custom realism sliders. I only posted the ones which would affect the areas which would concern you though - goals scored against. Make all of these changes and play on hardcore simulation style, and you should be set! If it's still not enough, I recommend using my full slider set. This also modifies game speed to slow it down, which results in less scoring, and lowers the crazy hitting power. It's not painfully slow like some other sets though and big hits still happen. Check my signature for the thread, lots of info.

GAMEPLAY
Attribute Effects - 0
Fatigue Effect - Human: 2 / CPU: 1
Fatigue Recovery - 2 / 2

AI
AI Learning - 3
CPU Difficulty Adjustment - 0 (max later for more challenge, keep at 0 for less goals)
CPU Strategy Adjustment - 3

SHOOTING
Shot Accuracy - Human: 0 / CPU: 0
Shot Power - 3 / 3
Slap Shot Accuracy - 1 / 1
Slap Shot Power - 4 / 4
One Timer Accuracy - 2 / 2

GOALIES
Goalie Cover Puck Freq - 6
Goalie Screen Effect - 3 / 3
Goalie Reaction Speed - 6 / 6

Remember to choose your game style (hardcore simulation or high impact, etc) before making any sliders adjustments. First it will say the style you have chosen, then it will say custom once you have made any changes. Even though it says custom the game will be different depending on if you started on high impact, hardcore simulation or normal even if you make identical changes to each.

CLICK HERE

Last edited by phantomrecon; 02-12-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

I was actually really intrigued with the stadium sounds, so I actually went ahead and downloaded everything. It certainly makes a difference! Thanks for helping out on the audio problems.

As for sliders, I'll be trying those out the next time I turn on the PS3. Very interested to see lower scoring games, and not being lit up by Nathan Gerbe.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Rookie

phantomrecon's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
I was actually really intrigued with the stadium sounds, so I actually went ahead and downloaded everything. It certainly makes a difference! Thanks for helping out on the audio problems.

As for sliders, I'll be trying those out the next time I turn on the PS3. Very interested to see lower scoring games, and not being lit up by Nathan Gerbe.
Man, I hear you about Gerbe. For me it was Shawn Thornton going bar down in the clutch. That was a huge focal point of my sliders - eliminating garbage players scoring like reincarnations of Mike Bossy. It was especially concerning late in games when I was leading, as the CPU would comeback at all costs and any 3rd/4th liner was a threat to snipe. Hated it. I can assure you that is one area my sliders play flawlessly.

CLICK HERE
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #5
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

My arch nemesis in NHL 13 was Jordan Caron. 95% of games I played the Bruins, he'd sweep a wrister glove-high from the high slot.
Waiting to establish my killer in NHL 14. Right now looking like Stamkos, and I'd take him over Caron any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »