Home

Tazer19's NHL 14 Sliders

This is a discussion on Tazer19's NHL 14 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2014, 12:54 AM   #9
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tazer19's NHL 14 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
I'm gonna give these a shot. I have two concerns tho... Game speed at 1 might be a little low but that's just me and aggression at 1? I don't quite understand y so low on that one either. Wouldn't that make your dmen hesitant to make a play or step up. I am also using the revamped beta rosters in bagm.
I moved regression down to one because I was tired of seeing every shift turn into a hit party where guys who normally don't hit are sending guys skidding across the ice.

The game speed is a hold over from NHL 13, and I also think it helps with the realism of rolling 4 lines during a game, seems very real to me.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:03 AM   #10
Pro

PensDynasty87's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok I just played 1 game with your sliders I actually like them. You was right about aggression at 1 but I still out hit my opponent 35 to 15 and I wasn't even going for a hit every time . I won 5-4. The only problems I seen so far are there were no penalties called on the computer other than delay of game when they goalie would throw the puck over the glass. Like i said I still out hit my opponent by a wide margin. And out shot the computer too. It also seems way to easy to poke check the puck away. Any suggestions. I know it's only one game so imma keep testing these to see if anything changes
Old 02-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #11
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
Ok I just played 1 game with your sliders I actually like them. You was right about aggression at 1 but I still out hit my opponent 35 to 15 and I wasn't even going for a hit every time . I won 5-4. The only problems I seen so far are there were no penalties called on the computer other than delay of game when they goalie would throw the puck over the glass. Like i said I still out hit my opponent by a wide margin. And out shot the computer too. It also seems way to easy to poke check the puck away. Any suggestions. I know it's only one game so imma keep testing these to see if anything changes
I don't think I've ever reached 35 hits in a game, maybe we play different styles? I play a mostly puck possession game, so not a lot of opportunities to hit, over 20 is rare from both myself and the computer.

Maybe lower the poke effectiveness in regards to the poke checking ability, or increase puck control for the CPU?

Penalties always seem to be an issue, seems like it changes from game to game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #12
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Good work. Why the CPU acceleration more then human?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpete07
Good work. Why the CPU acceleration more then human?
Without it, it seemed like it was WAY too easy to blow by the computer, especially if you wound up in your own zone, made it feel cheap and way too easy to get to the net.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #14
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

I was testing these out in Live the Life, and felt like the game speed had to be moved to "2" and the pass speed had to be bumped up one point as well. Not necessarily something that has to be done in be a gm.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #15
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

These sliders look awesome. I made ones very similar, I also play puckposession. Game speed should indeed be kept at 1 because even though hockey is the fastest game on earth it is only that way when actually playing it but not so obvious when watching it live or on tv it appears slower...nice work. Will post suggestions soon if I have any...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #16
Pro

bpete07's Arena

OVR: 6

Any changes with the revamped roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »