Home

Mikey's Sparkling Revamp 14 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mikey's Sparkling Revamp 14 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mikey's Sparkling Revamp 14 Sliders

I tried it out 5 games or so and scrapped it.. Im trying to slow it down a bit but maintain penalties and its prove to be difficult

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymayhem
I tried it out 5 games or so and scrapped it.. Im trying to slow it down a bit but maintain penalties and its prove to be difficult

I'm getting plenty of penalties for me. I just quit my last game because Edmonton injured Keith Yandle and Oliver Ekman-Larson. Mikkel Boedker decided to take a run at a guy halfway across the ice for no reason and Taylor Hall tried to instigate a fight twice in 2 periods. I had 4 penalties (3 were AI and one was a phantom tripping call) against me while Edmonton had 0 (despite injuring my top 2 defenseman and Taylor Hall leveling people). I even had Mike Ribeiro deliver a flying elbow off the top rope on someone. I don't think All Star is the level for me, there's too many advantages the cpu gets that you can't fix via sliders. The most pp's I have gotten since switching to All Star is 2.

It's sad because on Pro I can't get the cpu to score, but the last game against Chicago I lost 5-4 (scored the gtg with 18 seconds left only to have Korpikoski called for goaltender interference for being tied up outside of the crease).
Old 03-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

Cletus's Arena

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I just thought about something. What if Hardcore sim is actually the worst to be playing on? If it takes away all the cpu help from your team, would that also mean that it takes away the cpu help from taking penalties and thus making discipline useless? The cpu team still has it's boosts because the cpu aid only affects your team, thus making Sim a more even game and maybe even out the penalties? I've never heard of anyone playing on sim, they either have hardcore sim or high impact (which reminds me of WWE All Stars).

Last edited by Cletus; 03-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

I haven't tried pro yet and as far as hardcore and sim it seemed like i had the no penalty problem on sim thats where im kind of stuck i want equal penalties but even realistic gameplay

Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #13
MVP

Cletus's Arena

The funny thing is when I switched to sim from hardcore, I had a power play in the first period. Usually I got powerplays in the 3rd. There's something screwy with the penalties in be a gm that we can't fix. Outside of that, this year is one of the better years for gameplay balance.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #14
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

OVR: 0

I like your sliders. I have two problems though. I have twice as many hits as the CPU and three times the amount of penaltys. Any ideas how I adjust this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superreds
I like your sliders. I have two problems though. I have twice as many hits as the CPU and three times the amount of penaltys. Any ideas how I adjust this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would tone down your hit assist and your hitting power as far as the penalty thing goes when you hit less you will take less penalties like boarding interference and so on. If that doesn''t work for you try upping your poke check and stick lift a notch so its more accurate and you dont take as many tripping or slashing calls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 06:53 PM   #16
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
The funny thing is when I switched to sim from hardcore, I had a power play in the first period. Usually I got powerplays in the 3rd. There's something screwy with the penalties in be a gm that we can't fix. Outside of that, this year is one of the better years for gameplay balance.
that is really odd I tried it again and had no powerplays at all I really dont get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »