Home

NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #113
Undisputed King Of Sports

Crown42Royal's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
uhhh crosby had 17 goals in his 48 games in real life this year...not that far off huh?
True, but Kennedy and Staal shouldn't have more goals the Crosby which is what has happened in my BAP, so that's unrealistic. I think a center rated 97 should probably lead the team in goals scored and not 5th like he is on my team.

Anyway, I have taken a break from this game for the time being as I just can't score after the patch. Maybe some time off will be good and I can change my approach when I do get back to the game.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: NHL 09 PS3 Patch Released - Impressions

I'm liking the patch more and more; I played as the Devils vs. Chicago online last night. I jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead, then became undisciplined. I attempted too many big hits and put my defenders out of position as a result. I gave up a ton of point-blank chances and ended up losing 4-2. But it was my own fault for not playing smart positional hockey and not picking my spots better when looking to land a hard check. Earlier, I played as the Rangers vs. Pittsburgh and jumped out to a 3-0 lead on a guy who then quit. He was going for too many open-ice hits, which gave me a ton of odd-man rushes and he was looking for the perfect shot (i.e. one-timer in the slot) too often. I guess he realized that you can't play arcade-style anymore.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »