Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

This is a discussion on Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #25
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Prospects game sounds great although I wonder who the other prospects will be in the game. The draft, as I imagine it, would be for the 09-10 season so . . . are we going to see Tavares and Hedman in our prospects game or I wonder if there will be a second 09-10 draft throwing a new set of rookies on top of the Tavares draft class. Hopefully it is the former and not the latter.
armi5718 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Banned
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bad Street Atlanta GA
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Has Gamestop Spilled The Beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
You probably just answered your own question as to why it is done this way.

If you wonder why game companies are hush hush on things like this it is because they have deals in place as to who gets to release this info first. Gamestop probably had a deal in which they got to release that info, hence why EA wouldn't mention it and the NDA prevented people who saw or played the game from speaking to it.

Business people, it sucks for the consumer at times, but it makes the world turn.
Listen I understand if its a new gimmic ect but when its something basic like playoff mode which was last gen or whos on the cover secret that just silly .
From what I heard at Ea boards it wasnt supposed to be released info and to prove my point FM refuses to discuss it here which kind of proves that point.
dorismary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011
 
savoie2006's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,843
Re: Has Gamestop Spilled The Beans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Listen I understand if its a new gimmic ect but when its something basic like playoff mode which was last gen or whos on the cover secret that just silly .
From what I heard at Ea boards it wasnt supposed to be released info and to prove my point FM refuses to discuss it here which kind of proves that point.
You got to understand that anyone who attended the community and has inside info, is still under contract to be hush hush until EA says so. Even then it will only be about certain things. As already stated, Gamestop probably had the go ahead, but that doesn't mean the rest can talk about it. Heck, I don't think they can any confirm it.
savoie2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #28
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011
 
savoie2006's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,843
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Prospects game sounds great although I wonder who the other prospects will be in the game. The draft, as I imagine it, would be for the 09-10 season so . . . are we going to see Tavares and Hedman in our prospects game or I wonder if there will be a second 09-10 draft throwing a new set of rookies on top of the Tavares draft class. Hopefully it is the former and not the latter.
I imagine it will be a group of game generated rookies, being that EA can't legally put rookies in their game until they have signed waivers and played at least 1 NHL game. Thus the one month or so wait for rookies to be included via Roster Update.
savoie2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame
 
Money99's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I imagine it will be a group of game generated rookies, being that EA can't legally put rookies in their game until they have signed waivers and played at least 1 NHL game. Thus the one month or so wait for rookies to be included via Roster Update.
Which is why it would be awesome if you could edit anyone from the draft class.
Money99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #30
Bow for Bau
 
Vince's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,660
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Yeah, NCAA09's Campus Legend starts with you trying to win a National High School title. I think you can play up to 4 games with your ratings depending on your success.

The prospects game will be cool for many reasons but one in particular will be to play against your peers. You'll get to see the other potential draftees and it'll be interesting to see how high or low they get picked.

It'll also make for some personal rivalries too.
Let's hope they put Orr and Cherry behind the bench too!
__________________
@ me or dap me

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Vince is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #31
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011
 
savoie2006's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,843
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Which is why it would be awesome if you could edit anyone from the draft class.
Yeah, allowing full editing would be awesome.

savoie2006 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: Gamestop Spills the Beans with New NHL 10 Expanded Information

I guess the new goalie mode controls aren't going to be as big a deal as I hoped.
metallidevils is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Top -