Home

Hands on from HF boards

This is a discussion on Hands on from HF boards within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Hands on from HF boards

the last 3 years the demo has come out around the end of august. Im guessing around then. I cant wait to play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 38

A season mode control all teams if true my 3 years of fighting is over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus a playoff mode .
Looks like only 1 hockey game this year .
Great find Realmk thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb

Being able to do single seasons with accurate rosters (used to do this when I had more time) is a nice alternative. And of course being able to do the playoffs with [I presume] the real seedings come next spring will be great...
If true QB I just cant wait for season mode Control all teams REAL ROSTERS and now playoff mode YES !!!!
I wonder if any one knows if they will have a roster share as I edit all gear and would love to share
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #108
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It is still stupid to me. I get the business sense to it, but it is still stupid. Do other business do that. Like car companies, TV's companies. They show you the things pretty fast or give you the info pretty fast too. If they let some go to see the game they should let them share the info, but I will say let's just agree to disagree.
I agree with you Scott its just plain silly to me also.
I mean what good is it to get real info on a game two weeks before release that im gonna buy anyway .
For example if true the news that was reported here just made EVERYONE now want this game even more and actually give us REAL info to now discuss instead of fluff.
If you wanna sell a car you release all info on it ............
Old 07-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
I mean what good is it to get real info on a game two weeks before release that im gonna buy anyway .
You just made an argument supporting 2K and their logic for not releasing info. If everyone who is a hockey gamer is going to buy the game anyway, why waste money on PR? Just throw out some info, two weeks before the game comes out.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #110
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I agree with you Scott its just plain silly to me also.
For example if true the news that was reported here just made EVERYONE now want this game even more and actually give us REAL info to now discuss instead of fluff.
If you wanna sell a car you release all info on it ............
It's actually common business sense. You release info in waves to gather and keep interest in the product up to its release. And you also don't tip your hand to your competition while there is still an open window in the development cycle.

Your "marketing method" is exactly what 2k does, and their sales constantly pale in comparison to EA's. Try and separate what YOU personally want from what makes sense from a business perspective.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #111
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You just made an argument supporting 2K and their logic for not releasing info. If everyone who is a hockey gamer is going to buy the game anyway, why waste money on PR? Just throw out some info, two weeks before the game comes out.
Come on Baa7 what EA is doing and what 2k is doing and has done in the past are 2 different things .
IMO at best 2k hockey is neglegent sp but EA is big on good things come to those who wait Xmas stuff.
Which in reality the holding of real info means little to casual gamers .
Now EA IMO should be flooding the market with info especially with all these new incredible add ons if true.
EA nobody likes a tease
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #112
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Come on Baa7 what EA is doing and what 2k is doing and has done in the past are 2 different things.
Right, sorry, I misread your post, actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »