Home

Post your hilarious/stupid trades

This is a discussion on Post your hilarious/stupid trades within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Post your hilarious/stupid trades

It's no secret the trade AI in this game is absolutely ********.. but I didn't make this thread to complain, more so for entertainment and to share with you the worst trade I've ever seen.

First of all I'll have you know I actually turned off 'trades' before I started the season for exactly this reason but It doesn't matter on Draft day or the deadline because the CPU will make trades whether they're on or not. So I start my dynasty.. Before anything, before the season even starts, 2nd round of the draft... The Pittsburgh Penguins trade Brooks Orpik and Jordan Staal for JONATHAN TOWES AND PATRICK KANE... Both of them... For close to nothing.

Af first I was just stunned, not only was the trade horrible and senseless for Chicago.. I hadn't even played a game and the teams were already screwed up.

To the mods: I did a search but I didn't see any threads like this... sorry if it's already been done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Post your hilarious/stupid trades

I just posted a thread asking if this type of thing was common with season mode, as well. I'm about 6 games into the season, and haven't seen anything goofy...yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I just posted a thread asking if this type of thing was common with season mode, as well. I'm about 6 games into the season, and haven't seen anything goofy...yet.

Yeah I saw it, sorry I can't help you buddy.. Haven't played much of the season mode, I usually play Be A GM. Hopefully the trades are better in the season mode though.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 24

I've read that the trades are really weird if you start at the draft opposed to the start of the regular season. I've turned off trades completely in my BAGM until the trading deadline (well, CPU trades)

In my BAP, I saw some weird ones.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Before my first season even started Edmonton traded **newly acquired** Khabibulin and Pouliot to Dallas for Marty Turco.

I was all like WTF?!

Seriously, Edmonton just got the guy this year, and before he even plays a game they trade him for TURCO??? Don't get me wrong, I like Turco... but they JUST GOT KHABIBULIN!

I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't just start GM mode with the team I have, and not have to go through all the extra garbage first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

yeah LOL my BAP dangler was drafted by Toronto and first time I play in the NHL I was on a line with Avery and Brind'amour...
Old 10-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

marek zagrapan and mike card for evander kane. do we have any hardcore sabres fans here that can get a kick outta this one?!

- started 11/15/08
Old 10-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I was messing around in be a gm tried to trade two ahl players and a second round pick for kane and the cpu accepted it I was kind of suprised.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »