Home

NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

anyone else seeing a variety of different save animations now? I only played one game, but I saw a bunch of different save animations I rarely saw with the 1.02 tuner. I even saw a couple break away from a couple glove save attempts. The puck seem much more lose around the goalies in this update. I like it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
anyone else seeing a variety of different save animations now? I only played one game, but I saw a bunch of different save animations I rarely saw with the 1.02 tuner. I even saw a couple break away from a couple glove save attempts. The puck seem much more lose around the goalies in this update. I like it so far.
I feel alot of this (animations )depends on your sliders also but I have seen improvements in both .
I got the V3 tuner and Ill leave my indepth impressions later but eitherway thanks EA for contiunally making this game better just amazing what these tuners can do to make everyone happy

Last edited by dorismary; 01-29-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #83
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
The reason screen effect wasn't changed offline was that there's a slider for it. Deflections make sense offline too, might be able to sneak that into V1.03 when we fix the other problems (not doing a V1.04, that change would just become part of V1.03).
Thanks for the answer. I play with screen effect maxed offline anyways, but it just seemed odd to raise it for one & not the other. If you could sneak the offline deflections into the revised 1.03 that would be great! And thanks for your time... I'm sure you've got plenty to keep you busy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman612
Redshirt - can you clarify if goalies were loosened up with v1.03 OFFLINE? I am having a tough time scoring on 1.03 - seems exactly opposite with what people are saying about goalies online (more goals).
I don't know man. I've only played two offline games, both using the sliders I posted in the "Hardcore Passing" thread here. I lost the other night 5-3 (about 50-55 total shots), then played OTT/PIT (me) after getting back from the real OTT/PIT game. My replay went a little differently... I won 8-2! Shots were 36-29 in my favor and I went 3/7 on the PP. Had back-to-back 5-3 PPs during a five-minute major against the CPU, scoring on both, that helped me to run it up on the Sens.

I have screen/reaction @ 6/0 for both HUM/CPU & goalie cover @ 3 and it goes without saying I'm seeing plenty of goals. I even bumped up goalie reaction to 1 for both sides after my 5th or 6th goal and still put in a few more in the 3rd period.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 38

Well its pretty easy for me to see what was adjusted as my sliders are set to have little cpu boost .
To me the cpu got a boost across the board as they are ultra aggressive with pokes , bump checks , Fore and Backchecking too and diving poke checks .
I personally dislike when players like jody shelly can poke and catchup to Kane like players at times and that skating in cement feeling .
I can tell the Hu players have less control and I hate that unbalanced unresponsive feel and the cpu can go into a slight Baaserker mode .
The puck seems to be bouncer again with the cpu getting the advantage and I also dislike the feel at the end of games if Im winning lots of bad calls on me and my guys dont move even though there fresh and the cpu glides around no problem oh and then late in games alot of pucks off my guys to the cpu on the door step for the tying goals and many sharp angle goals inbetween the goal line and Fo circle like a 3 ft space maybe my sliders ? .
Cpu players also bounce off my checks again at times more then i like .
Cpu also has the tic tac toe pass in full stride and with less hu control its a challenge .
I also noticed I can score from above/in the circle alot plus the point shot has got some love.
I can draw tons of cpu penalties do to their very aggressive play all of the time with alot of 5 on 3 .
Cpu faceoffs are tougher and like I said from across the board they got a bump .
Im playing on allstar and Im just giving my impressions from V2 tuner to V3 with my no advantage sliders .
I still like the mass roster edit even if just a touch and the 1-26 also works great.
So now my only question is do I wanna retweak the V3 to balance with my sliders I doubt its worth the time for me not to say it cant be done but what am I gaining a few new animations man the goalies are really pokechecking passes plus alot great glove saves looks nice? so Ill re read the tuner fact sheet .
I do find the V3 very challenging and more skilled gamers may loved it challenge wise , as time possesion seems more equal and shots too.
Im in a 3 game cup with SJ and Im Chi , shots are very even and T.O.P also but do to aggressive cpu I get 3 to 1 advantages on pp . I lost 3-1 and won 4-2 eng , I do find when the cpu scores I can normally come right back like a let up loose goal that wasnt there before
Its game 3 and its 3-3 in the 3rd .
But with the V2 tuner with my sliders players played more realistic.
All in all I love that EA has given everyone many different options to enjoy this game through the tuners .

Last edited by dorismary; 01-29-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #85
MVP

man, i am just loving how the goalies are now.
great job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 8

Played 3 games last night with the new tuner, and I must say I'm torn. What I do like is the increased CPU offensive mindset, which creates more balances TOA stats, the problem is it seems to be at the expense of human defense and execution.

What I mean is that simple breakout passes that you complete at one point in time, are not completed at a different point in time. I understand that if you are covered or otherwise harassed that it should affect execution, but I'm talking about un-harassed simple passes out of your defensive zone. It appears that the game is implementing the intimidation factor as it relates to passes a little to effectively on the human while the cpu tic-tac tape-to-tape passes all day on me. with the occasional missed pass.(CPU Pass Acuuracy on zero, by the way...)

I also see the CPU execute to well on the powerplay, while I cant even make a simple pass back to the point on a 5 on 3 PP, without the pass leaving the zone. I may have give up on using the the manual passing since as of now I seem to be only able to connect on 1 out of 3 passes, this is getting me killed by the cpu as well as frustrating me.

I am also seeing a problem I had in 09 where the puck seems to always bounce in the CPU favor trying to get the puck out of my zone. Not to mention the stick lift is too powerful a tool for the CPU, while for me, all it does in get me a penalty. (I may be implementing it wrong, I know. But It is still to effective for the CPU even with it at zero in difficulty settings above Pro)

Scoring is tougher, however, shots that should go in do, at least for the cpu. I seem to hit more posts and crossbars that I think I should. I may have to revise my shooting sliders. In summary, the CPU plays tougher defensively, the human factor is exaggerated for the human as ability to execute varies from minute to minute, period to period and game to game.

For example, I played two of the three games in my Be A GM mode they were back to back Phi/Car, lost both. in PHI lost 4-3, they just beat me up and I was 2/7 on the PP, but we were wore down by late in the 3rd, and it seemed that none of my lines could get back to full green, any way it was 3-3 with about 7 minutes left, they scored, we could not respond, Goaltender kept us in but we could not execute once in the zone.

The next night we played CAR and they are horrible record wise and Cam Ward shuts me out 2-0, I never seen the cpu play D as effective as it did this game. They scored on 2 of their 5 PP's. After this game went to TOR and those guys just whipped the puck around like it was on a string, and I couldn't make a simple breakout pass without it being off-target. Got frustrated and turned the game off for the night.

I'm going to give another shot tonight, but I feels like the CPU can do things you cant in order to make the game challenging, but for me it makes it more frustrating. I am definitely going to have to re-assess my sliders if I am going to stay with this tuner set.

MrMars
Old 01-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #87
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

all I see is version 1.00 and latest, I can't figure out how to download the other sets? Help
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
all I see is version 1.00 and latest, I can't figure out how to download the other sets? Help
im pretty sure you just press the square button at the menu screen

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »