Home

OS at E3: NHL 12 Preview

This is a discussion on OS at E3: NHL 12 Preview within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #25
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OS at E3: NHL 12 Preview

Thanks for the preview Chase!

Great to hear the AI has gotten some attention. Also...good to read that the AI is more aggressive. Hopefully that'll be seen in all three zones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

It's own game mode? *facepalm*
Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Thanks for the preview Chase!

Great to hear the AI has gotten some attention. Also...good to read that the AI is more aggressive. Hopefully that'll be seen in all three zones.
I doubt it. I feel like every year we are told that the forecheck and neutral zone pressure has been stepped up, and every year I am left feeling disappointed. This year I haven't really heard anything about neutral zone play at all.

On the topic of AI defense, someone please tell me that the toe drag deke around the defender wont work 95% of the time like it does in NHL 11. That is by far my least favorite part about the defense, how easy it is to do a simple deke and always get by them.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllJuicedUp
I doubt it. I feel like every year we are told that the forecheck and neutral zone pressure has been stepped up, and every year I am left feeling disappointed. This year I haven't really heard anything about neutral zone play at all.

On the topic of AI defense, someone please tell me that the toe drag deke around the defender wont work 95% of the time like it does in NHL 11. That is by far my least favorite part about the defense, how easy it is to do a simple deke and always get by them.
This and the freaking AI player that you don't control offline trying deke's every time they get the zone.

Either it's a hockey simulation or it's a Mike Ribeiro-Alex Kovalev-Pavel Datsyuk Fest Game!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 17
Does "New "stay onside" logic" include players already in the zone, controlling at the line? Or just those entering it?

I like how in recent years they have made passing to the point men a more viable option, and I use it all the time, but the players dont respect the line and dont treat it as they should.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Also more built in strategies for your CPU players for breakout/forecheck/D etc. Just take a look at all the strategy options in 2k10... Yes I know there's create a play but the game should have some basic strategies already.. I'm tired of seeing my 3 forwards just clump around the faceoff circle in the neutral zone on a breakout..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »