Home

Playoff Beards

This is a discussion on Playoff Beards within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Playoff Beards

They need to put this in NHL 12. Its one thing that would make the playoffs different from the regular season. If the producers are serious about NHL 12 being the most authentic game, then they should add playoff beards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Playoff Beards

Rammer confirmed that this feature will not be in NHL 12
Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bummer. It seems like it would be pretty easy to add in too.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

How exactly does it seem easy? Seems like a ton of coding and work for something trivial and minor, if you'd ask me. I can name 50 more important things off the top of my head that need to be fixed or added before bearding cyber athletes should take up the time and resources of the small team that produces this title.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

I won't shot madly at people asking for it, but as for myself, there's priorities in that game and playoff beard aren't one of those.

It's just like people playing asking why there wasn't any dirty uni's in Madden while the AI coudln'T cover to save their life.

If I would be aware of EA working on playoff beard while the AI continue to play like sh*t, I wouldn't be happy.

Beard, goalie mask, equipment guru, etc, are for people who watch more replay than they play the game. I mean, it's one thing to have goalies with wrong pad colors. But calling out EA because they don't have the real goalie mask painting, seriously?

When a game is in need of gameplay tunning, esthetic things should come far, far later in the priorities list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
How exactly does it seem easy? Seems like a ton of coding and work for something trivial and minor, if you'd ask me. I can name 50 more important things off the top of my head that need to be fixed or added before bearding cyber athletes should take up the time and resources of the small team that produces this title.
I hope none of those "important things" are goalie fights, broken glass and checking over boards.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
I hope none of those "important things" are goalie fights, broken glass and checking over boards.
We didn't say that EA's priorities we're perfect neither!

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell at EA came with the idea and who was stupid enough to approve it.

But, the more you think about it, maybe they just take a look at NHL 94 and 2004 and thought it could be easy to get these features back in the game. I hope it's the only reason for them.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Well I am not one to give a person flak for asking, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of things incorporated in this game. But saying it should be 'easy' is a bit ignorant as to what goes into making a game.

And this would be handled by the arts department, so game play man hours shouldn't be spent in handling its addition. Still, by no means would it be a simple addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »