Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

Once again their broken online leagues get shafted.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #50
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillHammer
I know it's going to be a long game when it starts with a pause screen before the opening face off.

I think a good idea would be to let you skate to the bench and swap out with a cpu team mate for a bit. From there you can access the pause menu, take a bathroom break, or what ever you do without having to delay the whole game.
I agree, anything to lessen the pauses. I hate the teams who are scouting you on their laptops and quit in the 1st 2mins. If you're even an average elite team, you get quit on.

they really should have pre-game warmups (for most sports) to establish any lag, then once that's complete, game on. I don't believe in using actual ranked gameplay to determine lag and quit. Have a quick shootout to start the game and if there's lag it will definitely be seen there.

Speaking of shootouts, that's something I'd like to see in EASHL after 1 or 2 OT's.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ugh, the cooldown period is really a thorn in the side of the people that have created leagues outside the scope of the EASHL... leagues like the VHL (that is not the league I play in, but it is the most well known, and gives you an idea of what I'm talking about).

When it comes draft time and we're trying to scout players, or just run random games with other league members (who are all on different club teams), we wont be able to join each others EASHL teams to play. Not to mention we really only ever run 6's... Have 5 guys and looking for a goalie on your friends list to play with you, well now your SOL. Bye-bye 6 v 6 hockey!

I am not happy about this decision at all

Who honestly cares about winning trading enough to make the EA people think a change like this was necessary? I don't get it... so a select few people/teams trade wins, who cares. It's not like they're hurting my experience. My level of fun is in no way tied to what a couple random clubs are doing to be considered "elite"... you know what will hurt my experience though, this ridiculous cooldown period!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #52
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllJuicedUp
Ugh, the cooldown period is really a thorn in the side of the people that have created leagues outside the scope of the EASHL... leagues like the VHL (that is not the league I play in, but it is the most well known, and gives you an idea of what I'm talking about).

When it comes draft time and we're trying to scout players, or just run random games with other league members (who are all on different club teams), we wont be able to join each others EASHL teams to play. Not to mention we really only ever run 6's... Have 5 guys and looking for a goalie on your friends list to play with you, well now your SOL. Bye-bye 6 v 6 hockey!

I am not happy about this decision at all

Who honestly cares about winning trading enough to make the EA people think a change like this was necessary? I don't get it... so a select few people/teams trade wins, who cares. It's not like they're hurting my experience. My level of fun is in no way tied to what a couple random clubs are doing to be considered "elite"... you know what will hurt my experience though, this ridiculous cooldown period!
As a GM I see both points of view. But I like this addition, because it's frustrating trying players out and then they're so impatient that they have to play right away, so they just quit and join another team instead of giving your team a thorough look over a couple days.

I'd like to see recruiting made easier and more loyalty shown once you pick a team. You shouldn't be changing clubs 100x a year. That's not what the purpose of EASHL is for me. You should also have to play a certain number of reg season games to be eligible for playoffs instead of just stacking a team for a playoff run.

I don't care about the win trading myself, I just hate the current recruiting options and the fact it's hard to find loyal, mature players.

I'm most disappointed in the seperation of goaltending/skating legend cards. They should be promoting human goaltending and it seems like they are making it harder. I was a casual goalie last year, .900sv pct. but I can't see myself playing 150 games there anywhere near as fast as I will with a skater. I'll probably be a legend skater by Sept/Oct and a legend goalie by May (if ever, because legend stats for a G are almost impossible). lol

Last edited by mondoguitar; 08-06-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoguitar

Speaking of shootouts, that's something I'd like to see in EASHL after 1 or 2 OT's.
I miss the days of NHL 09 when it went to 4 vs. 4 OT and then a shootout.

They should use that format for regular season games. Then for the monthly playoffs, go to endless 5 vs. 5 OT.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #54
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

They should use that format for regular season games. Then for the monthly playoffs, go to endless 5 vs. 5 OT.
I'd be on board with that. Do it like they do in real hockey. We've had some reg season games go 4 OT's... that's a long time for one meaningless game.

Only complication might be number of human players involved and how you'd organize it I guess. If you can't field a full team though, then CPU should shoot. More reason to ice a full team.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #55
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

Except a human player was sometimes left out in OT, and the shootouts devolved into CPU vs. CPU after the humans shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 10

Yeah I don't mind the sudden death OT in NHL 11 since the goalies are pretty beatable, but it was annoying in NHL 10 with the super goalies and 4 OT 1-0 games. However on the other hand in NHL 11 I'm not very keen on the human controlled goalies on the penalty shots and shoot-outs, because if you get someone who doesn't have a clue about playing goalie you're basically screwed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »