Home

Still playing NHL 10, should I upgrade?

This is a discussion on Still playing NHL 10, should I upgrade? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Still playing NHL 10, should I upgrade?

Do NHL 11 or 12 offer many improvements over NHL 10? I am currently still playing and enjoying 10 but I would like to have a newer version just for online and updated rosters. If they are good improvements which one should i get? Do either have any major issues that affect gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Still playing NHL 10, should I upgrade?

There are a million threads on this already, why don't you use the forum search and read through those? We get one of these once a week now...The time it took you to make a new thread you could have search the forum and would have seen other threads EXACTLY like this one.

Look I even found one that is like five threads below yours! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-get-game.html

Last edited by jkra0512; 01-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
There are a million threads on this already, why don't you use the forum search and read through those? We get one of these once a week now...The time it took you to make a new thread you could have search the forum and would have seen other threads EXACTLY like this one,
Sorry.... I feel like you could have just given a response in the exact amount of time it took you to tell me that but whatever...
Old 01-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Actually there is much more to say about the difference between 10 and 12...sorry.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
Sorry.... I feel like you could have just given a response in the exact amount of time it took you to tell me that but whatever...
I feel like you could have just searched instead of cluttering up the board with another thread but whatever....

I kid, I kid. But seriously.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

I'd say go with 11.......the celebrations, 3 stars, and the celebratory cutscenes are in, whereas they were removed from 12. From 11 to 12, very minor changes. From 10 to 11, much more noticeable changes, esp. the faceoffs...

Not only that, but read around about how, even after the latest patch, users of 12 still have freezing issues (PS3, anyway, which is what I have).

If you must have the Winnipeg Jets, goalie fights, breaking glass, etc., go with 12.

If, like me, that's not important, go with 11.And because I'm a casual hockey fan, updated rosters aren't a priority for me.Your mileage may vary, however....

The best thing you can do is download the demos of both, or rent both and decide for yourself.

I upgraded from 10 to 11, and love it.

Hope this helps....

Last edited by Segagendude; 01-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'd say go with 11.......the celebrations, 3 stars, and the celebratory cutscenes are in, whereas they were removed from 12. From 11 to 12, very minor changes. From 10 to 11, much more noticeable changes, esp. the faceoffs...

Not only that, but read around about how, even after the latest patch, users of 12 still have freezing issues (PS3, anyway, which is what I have).

If you must have the Winnipeg Jets, goalie fights, breaking glass, etc., go with 12.

If, like me, that's not important, go with 11.And because I'm a casual hockey fan, updated rosters aren't a priority for me.Your mileage may vary, however....

The best thing you can do is download the demos of both, or rent both and decide for yourself.

I upgraded from 10 to 11, and love it.

Hope this helps....
Thanks a lot, this post was quite helpful, well seeing as how people have been having issues with 12 and i'm not a dedicated enough fan to really mind having old rosters and given that it's $20-30 cheaper and it doesn't seem as if any major gameplay changes have happened apart from goalie fights and boards breaking (yay....) I'll probably get 11 if it is definitely an improvement over 10
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
Thanks a lot, this post was quite helpful, well seeing as how people have been having issues with 12 and i'm not a dedicated enough fan to really mind having old rosters and given that it's $20-30 cheaper and it doesn't seem as if any major gameplay changes have happened apart from goalie fights and boards breaking (yay....) I'll probably get 11 if it is definitely an improvement over 10

I think it is. And the cheaper price tag was also why I went with 11......

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »