Home

Be A GM Community Wishlist

This is a discussion on Be A GM Community Wishlist within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Shoot out stats it would be so cool if before a shot they would have an overlay that says "Thomas Vanek 2-4 this season 26-68 career" or even have the announcers say it.

Last edited by jack1535; 02-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 13 Be A GM Community Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfanatic
It isn't a thing that bothers me, but still unrealistic.

In the last 5 years, there was only 5 offer sheets(if i'm not mistaken). Vanek, Penner, Bernier, Backes, Hjalmarsson.

In the game, 1st offseason, there was 8th.

There should be some blockbuster trades, not too much, but something like 2 per year.

No trade clauses.

Dynamic trade values, that can change at every moment. Parise with 6y remaining would have much more value then if he is a upcoming UFA at the deadline.

Have any of you guys seen buyouts by CPU?

We should be able to retire some players numbers.

Redesign uniforms would be a cool idea. Every year 2-3 teams do this, and lots of teams change/add new alternates.

More realistic waives. Here Redden gets claimed every time, but during my 1st be a gm Pronger got waived but wasn't claimed.

Vikes, about the newspaper, they should be divided by national and local, pretty much like Madden.

I miss the 3 stars announcement too.

But if they revamp the gm mode(what i doubt, especially if 2k dont come back), i hope they do it right. This years Madden had some bizarre things. See like they revamped the weather, i played 5 years with the Bills and didn't get any snow, but in other forum a guy said he got snow in Miami and Oakland. WTF.

In the cut days, Jake Locker and Muhammad Wilkerson got cut, lol.

Resuming, i hope they revamp the mode, but do things right.
Dude, seriously, AWESOME ideas! Keep 'em coming!

Regarding offer sheets and unrealistic waives- can we get confirmation from anyone else that they happen too often?

See #8 for blockbuster trades.

No-Trade Clauses- added. #34

Dynamic Trade Values- added. #35

Player Buyouts- added. #36

Retired Jersey numbers- added. #37

Custom jerseys- added. #38

Luckily, we don't have to worry about weather in NHL because that seems to be a big issue for all outdoor games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
Shoot out stats it would be so cool if before a shot they would have an overlay that says "Thomas Vanek 2-4 this season 26-68 career" or even have the announcers say it.
Great idea man!

Shootout stats- added. #39
Old 02-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #19
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

The NCAA games have ESPN presentation.
EA should try to get at least 1 of CBC, TSN, NBCSN and NBC for the game and Be a GM.

New stats: Shots blocked, TOI/G

Full Ownership.Ability to relocate, work on stadium upgrades, sponsorships, advertisemtns, like MLB The Show

Waivers at the end of September.

More authentic player traits. There is the kind of player that always go in the corners fight for the puck(like Lucic) and the ones that try to avoid physical contact(Kessel).

The Sedins react the same way that a guy like Lucic or Marchand after being shoved.

Draft picks customization.

More team specific strategy.

New FA system. It is way easy to get every FA that we want.

Players taking hometown discounts, or exchanging salary for extra years or NTC.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think there should be an option for the type of trading system you want to use- REALISTIC or AUTHENTIC.

Here is the difference. Realistic trades are just that, realistic. If I am the Panthers and want to trade Steve Weiss and David Booth for Taylor Hall the Oilers would probably take it.....

But in authentic trading system the Oilers would almost NEVER trade Taylor Hall!!!! The other teams in GM mode should only 2-4 players that they are willing to part with at any given time....and future franchise players should never be on that list. If you want to offer a trade for a player that is not on the block you should have to totally blow the computer out of the water, like adding a decent prospect and a 1st rounder to the above trade.

That is my idea anyway, don't know if anybody agrees with me or not. I just don't like seeing people trade and trade and trade to put together these young franchise teams that have Gunnarson, Landeskog, Hall, Karlsson, Yakupov etc......I think you guys understand!

Sorry for the rant. LOL
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
The NCAA games have ESPN presentation.
EA should try to get at least 1 of CBC, TSN, NBCSN and NBC for the game and Be a GM.

New stats: Shots blocked, TOI/G

Full Ownership.Ability to relocate, work on stadium upgrades, sponsorships, advertisemtns, like MLB The Show

Waivers at the end of September.

More authentic player traits. There is the kind of player that always go in the corners fight for the puck(like Lucic) and the ones that try to avoid physical contact(Kessel).

The Sedins react the same way that a guy like Lucic or Marchand after being shoved.

Draft picks customization.

More team specific strategy.

New FA system. It is way easy to get every FA that we want.

Players taking hometown discounts, or exchanging salary for extra years or NTC.
Some more great ideas! Thanks!

New licenses- updated #21
New stats- updated #39
Full Ownership- added #40

As for more authentic player traits, I completely agree with this, but I think this would be a general addition to the game rather than an addition to BaGM. The same goes for the way players act after getting shoved.

What exactly do you mean by draft pick customization?

Team specific strategies- added #42
Free agent system- added #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by uni91
I think there should be an option for the type of trading system you want to use- REALISTIC or AUTHENTIC.

Here is the difference. Realistic trades are just that, realistic. If I am the Panthers and want to trade Steve Weiss and David Booth for Taylor Hall the Oilers would probably take it.....

But in authentic trading system the Oilers would almost NEVER trade Taylor Hall!!!! The other teams in GM mode should only 2-4 players that they are willing to part with at any given time....and future franchise players should never be on that list. If you want to offer a trade for a player that is not on the block you should have to totally blow the computer out of the water, like adding a decent prospect and a 1st rounder to the above trade.

That is my idea anyway, don't know if anybody agrees with me or not. I just don't like seeing people trade and trade and trade to put together these young franchise teams that have Gunnarson, Landeskog, Hall, Karlsson, Yakupov etc......I think you guys understand!

Sorry for the rant. LOL
I agree that the trading system needs to be worked on. Check out numbers 8, 35, and 43.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #22
Rookie

oilersfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks too.

And about the customization, before the season in the NBA 2k12, we can edit some players that are going for the draft, not the ratings, but things like name, size...

If there was this option, we probable wouldn't have almost all the prospects 6'5 or higher, just a example. And Yakupov wouldn't be 5'1.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Thanks too.

And about the customization, before the season in the NBA 2k12, we can edit some players that are going for the draft, not the ratings, but things like name, size...

If there was this option, we probable wouldn't have almost all the prospects 6'5 or higher, just a example. And Yakupov wouldn't be 5'1.
Good point. I updated #16 (Full Customization). Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #24
MVP

I added #44- Better Player Training. Tell me what you guys think!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »