Home

Get for PS3 or 360?

This is a discussion on Get for PS3 or 360? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Seankell9's Arena

OVR: 1
Get for PS3 or 360?

I have the 360 an PS both with HDMI an I'm not sure what system to get it on being a huge hockey fan I want it to be realistic as possible graphic wise an not sure which would offer me that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Get for PS3 or 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seankell9
I have the 360 an PS both with HDMI an I'm not sure what system to get it on being a huge hockey fan I want it to be realistic as possible graphic wise an not sure which would offer me that.
Both skus I believe are identical. At that point it comes down to controler preferance.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Waving the Wheat.

wildinkc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Both skus I believe are identical. At that point it comes down to controler preferance.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe PS3 games are just ports of 360 games if its a multi system game? If that's the case it probably doesn't matter which version you get. Like the guy above me said it comes down to controller preference and if you play online which system most of your friends are on that you would be playing the game with.
Follow me on Twitter.
Dibs wife: Carrie Underwood

Currently Playing:
OOTP 13
College Hoops 2k8
WWE 13
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildinkc
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe PS3 games are just ports of 360 games if its a multi system game? If that's the case it probably doesn't matter which version you get. Like the guy above me said it comes down to controller preference and if you play online which system most of your friends are on that you would be playing the game with.
Honestly it depends on the title. When it comes to EASports titles, you're likely correct unless it involves move support. I'm not sure if they still build the PS3 version off the 360 code at that point.

Though in the case of NHL I'm pretty sure it's just a port of the 360 version.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

360, games seem to be more stable for that system. Could be because of the speculation that they are ported to the PS3 or just the fact that the PS3 is pain in the arse to make games for (from what I've read). In any case, the 360 is also fluid online. I love my PS3, but I do often wish I had a 360 again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
They're graphically 99.9 percent exactly the same. It is however much easier to get custom music up and running on the PS3 although last year the 360 was the more stable version but that's no fault of Sony.

I sincerely hope there will be no freezing issues to contend with this year though.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Get for PS3 or 360?

You should get both...
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

One thing I noticed for PS3 in nhl 12, sim times in BeAGM take forever compared to 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »